Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does the Aimpoint Comp M5 B dial for 100 -600 meters work as advertised ?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Does the Aimpoint Comp M5 B dial for 100 -600 meters work as advertised ?

This optic has been out for 2 years now and I can't find a testimonial from anybody or a Youtube
    video that this optic works as advertised.
    It has dials for elevation from 1-600 meters in 100 meter increments and a 3 position windage
    dial, but I can't find any feedback, it is + $1,100 Optic and that is serious money and might be
    worth it, if it works as advertised ................................................................... Anybody ?

Feedback Score
    I wondered the same thing and just gave up and ordered a regular Comp M5. Figured by the time I bought the M5b and a good magnifier plus mounts for both, I might as well just buy another Nightforce LPVO.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Honestly I think the only people using it is likely the gov't agency / entity that had Aimpoint make them.

I just don't see that system is remotely ideal for a RDS and would just hold over to the limits of the gun without screwing with a dial after trying to judge range.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    So I have one, but only use it on my 300 blackout. I have it set for 2 different zeroes, subs and supers. I haven’t used it for anything other than that. It’s a more expensive comp m5.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    I just don't see that system is remotely ideal for a RDS and would just hold over to the limits of the gun without screwing with a dial after trying to judge range.
    You're going to have a heck of a hold over at 600m...

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I think Aimpoint has really dropped the ball on this, most people don't even know it exists and
    they don't have video's of retired Special Forces guys wring one out at the range !

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by lowprone View Post
    I think Aimpoint has really dropped the ball on this, most people don't even know it exists and
    they don't have video's of retired Special Forces guys wring one out at the range !
    I am an Aimpoint fanboy and have never heard of this optic as well. That is just crazy. Off to google now.

EDIT: Well I just watched a video and I don’t think it’s a stretch for them to be able to achieve what they are asking. Years ago I had a Bushnell scope with Bullet drop compensator out to 600 yards. It’s just not that much difference in DOPE out to 600 yards even with different calibers. I zeroed mine at 500 yards, meaning I put the 500 yard marker then shot to 500 to make sure I was on target at 500. If I was high or low at 200, it was easy to figure out my holds and if I was shooting live targets being 2 inches high or low was not as critical at 200 vs potentially being way off at 500 yards.

So if that didn’t make any sense, just understand I think it would be easy for Aimpoint / end user should be able to achieve the desired result.

PB
    Last edited by Pappabear; 11-10-22 at 11:36.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lowprone View Post
    Umm you do realize this sight is already being used in the field right? They made this sight because customer asked for it.

It's essentially a shrunken down Spuhr BAM.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    So it's a secret weapon, oh I get it !

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Never heard of it but as an Aimpoint fanboy m'seff I'm gonna delve into this.

I have cranked an Aimpoint up for 500 yard shooting and found it a very, very worthwhile experiment that left me wishing for some teeny-weeny knobs for easy dialing-up/ But then if you add knobs and/or put in 6 dots for everything from 1-600 yds., it's probably no longer an Aimpoint. I mean an Aimpointed carbine maybe ain't suppose to be a 500-yard gun but.... if you were going to be shooting 500 and only 500 all day, it'd be pretty convenient to just dial it up ~28 clix.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast