Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New King Cobra vs Python?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    That would be cool.

I think Colt might consider a 7 shot revolver on the Python frame as well, put an ACRO mount on the top of the frame, drift adjustable rear sight that takes up minimal space that is just tall enough to be useable in the bottom of the ACRO window. Then add a smooth face trigger, and a DLC finish. Round butt the frame and have VZ grips make a nice aggressive set of stocks. If they really wanted to be awesome they could also offer that same exact gun in a 6 shot 10mm cut for moon clips.

As a carry gun the King Cobra is more size efficient for sure for those wanting to carry a package that weighs that much and only has 6 rounds on board. In some jurisdictions that’s probably not a terrible option though, and at least the KC frame seems robust enough to feed a steady diet of stout loads to train with the gun.

I just feel really cramped on the King Cobra and K frame sized guns personally. Not something I enjoy shooting because of that.
    I doubt I could resist buying the 7-shot Python you describe!

I have medium hands and the KC feels perfectly sized for me.

It's another topic but I believe someone is missing sales not making an L frame sized revolver for the low-pressure cartridges like .44 Special and .45 ACP.

Only Charter Arms does and they're junk.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Speedloaders seem to be a no go on the new Python. I would have to pull my original out and the new to see where the issue is. The crane either doesn’t extend the cylinder far enough from the frame or the stocks are too high to insert the rounds without the speed loader from hanging up on them.

Think last time I tried it, I had to stop short of fully opening the cylinder and fight the loader around the grips.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1_click_off View Post
    Speedloaders seem to be a no go on the new Python. I would have to pull my original out and the new to see where the issue is. The crane either doesn’t extend the cylinder far enough from the frame or the stocks are too high to insert the rounds without the speed loader from hanging up on them.

Think last time I tried it, I had to stop short of fully opening the cylinder and fight the loader around the grips.
    Hm.

I'll research and see if I can find anyone else who has this issue and why.

Feedback Score
    I'm reading the HKS 586 works fine.

But very few others do.

Feedback Score

Hackathorn said it’s the stocks are a no go with speed loaders.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    a 7 shot 3" Python would be SOOO nice!

Feedback Score
    Well...how are speed loaders for the Anaconda?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    Well...how are speed loaders for the Anaconda?
    Don’t have any for it to test. Besides, I am too much of a wimp to speed load that joker and press on.

Feedback Score
    Don’t have any for it to test. Besides, I am too much of a wimp to speed load that joker and press on.
    .44 Special & Russian, man!

200 gr bullet at 900 fps = fun!

Feedback Score
    If you own a .44 Magnum and you don’t roll your own ammo, you’re doing it wrong.

I load for .454 Casull and full house stuff is way way more violent than .44 Magnum, but you don’t have to push 240gr to 300gr bullets at max speed to make them flatten stuff. I find a 240gr at around 1000fps, 300gr at 900fps, and a 360gr doing 850fps are actually pretty shootable in a large revolver, and frankly there’s not much you will find in North America that will laugh off the 300gr and 360gr loads.

Now turn up the speed on those two heavier bullets, and things get interesting from the recoil management standpoint. I can tell you that those loads will blast apart head sized rocks though, which is really satisfying for some reason.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast