Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Geisselle URG-I upper: opinions?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Geisselle URG-I upper: opinions?

Anyone have one/shoot one and if so, how do you like it?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    The ones with the Daniel Defense barrels were badass.

I would stay far away from a Geissele barrel.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 17K View Post
    The ones with the Daniel Defense barrels were badass.

I would stay far away from a Geissele barrel.
    I’d agree. I had the DD one and it was solid but I hate gov barrels so I sold it and had someone build me one with a BCM ELW barrel and smaller gas block.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    I have a recent production 14.5 URGI upper, I really like it. Geissele went back to mag phosphate finishing on their own CHF 14.5" barrel, mine shoots pretty good. The new G BCG is the nicest I've use, and I run a Surefire Socom can, so the SF 4 prong flash hider is nice to have included. The Airborn charging handle is also my favorite CH.

Geissele gets shit on a lot, but I've had great experiences with their products.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by matt33 View Post
    I have a recent production 14.5 URGI upper, I really like it. Geissele went back to mag phosphate finishing on their own CHF 14.5" barrel, mine shoots pretty good. The new G BCG is the nicest I've use, and I run a Surefire Socom can, so the SF 4 prong flash hider is nice to have included. The Airborn charging handle is also my favorite CH.

Geissele gets shit on a lot, but I've had great experiences with their products.
    I own 3 Super Duty rifles (10.3” & two 16” guns). They all work just fine and I shoot them very often (weekly). Are there documented issues with some Geissele barrels? Yes! There sure are. But how many? 10? 20? Let’s say 50. How many barrels and uppers have they produced? Probably thousands at this point. Point is, they are capable of making an excellent product so I don’t really understand these blanket statements of avoid Geissele barrels at all cost. Any new manufacturer is going to have issues, especially right out of the gate. I’m completely satisfied with my Geissele guns and will definitely buy more in the future.

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    I’ve had a DD barreled one for a few years now and it has been phenomenal. It’s been stupid accurate and stubbornly reliable. I can’t say enough good about it and I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a higher end upper.
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleW View Post
    I own 3 Super Duty rifles (10.3” & two 16” guns). They all work just fine and I shoot them very often (weekly). Are there documented issues with some Geissele barrels? Yes! There sure are. But how many? 10? 20? Let’s say 50. How many barrels and uppers have they produced? Probably thousands at this point. Point is, they are capable of making an excellent product so I don’t really understand these blanket statements of avoid Geissele barrels at all cost. Any new manufacturer is going to have issues, especially right out of the gate. I’m completely satisfied with my Geissele guns and will definitely buy more in the future.
    Not the same man. They had literal months where huge amounts of guns sold had the same issues and then around the same timeframe their stand alone barrels had separate issues. This was after they had found a winning formula for their uppers so it wasn’t them having issues right out of the gate. And this is all on top of reports through multiple channels of issues with T&E and/or contract guns at organizational levels.

I’m a big G fan, have continued buying after the issue I had with my SD, and will continue buying into the future but to say this was a small issue is greatly downplaying it. If nothing else, it exposed a severe lack of QA/QC that a factory test fire would’ve caught.

Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Not the same man. They had literal months where huge amounts of guns sold had the same issues and then around the same timeframe their stand alone barrels had separate issues. This was after they had found a winning formula for their uppers so it wasn’t them having issues right out of the gate. And this is all on top of reports through multiple channels of issues with T&E and/or contract guns at organizational levels.

I’m a big G fan, have continued buying after the issue I had with my SD, and will continue buying into the future but to say this was a small issue is greatly downplaying it. If nothing else, it exposed a severe lack of QA/QC that a factory test fire would’ve caught.

Yep all my triggers have a G on them but I won't be touching Geissele uppers or barrels with a 10ft pole.
    Forward Ascertainment Group

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    Yep all my triggers have a G on them but I won't be touching Geissele uppers or barrels with a 10ft pole.
    Unfortunately, I have to agree. I went so far as to sell off my geissele rails. I am keeping the triggers I already have, but I highly doubt I will be purchasing anything else from G in the future.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    G needs to pump the brakes on the price increases.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast