Thread: Noveske is releasing Gen 4 Lowers to some dealers: Anyone know whose getting some?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Exclamation Noveske is releasing Gen 4 Lowers to some dealers: Anyone know whose getting some?

Noveske is releasing Gen 4 Lowers to some dealers: Anyone know whose getting some?

Looking for Gen 4 Lowers!

Post here of PM me!

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Haven’t seen any but I am still trying to figure out why we needed a gen 3. What are the differences besides Billet after Gen 2?

Feedback Score
    Marketing and relevancy.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas View Post
    Haven’t seen any but I am still trying to figure out why we needed a gen 3. What are the differences besides Billet after Gen 2?
    Very, very few changes aside from small changes which made machining easier IIRC.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Very, very few changes aside from small changes which made machining easier IIRC.
    There is good info on this forum if searched. But Noveske released FORGED gen 2 lowers. Then magpul released a gen 2 or maybe 3 pmag that did not fit the Noveske gen 2 lower.

Obviously magpul wasn’t changing sht because they probably made 10,000 mags for every one Noveske lower, nor should they have.

Noveske releases gen 3 lower. It’s not forged. It’s made by some out fit that is stubborn or something. It fits pmags. From here on out they decided to not make the investment into a forging for a lower. Eventually there was a falling out with the stubborn mule , who said go f yourself. And now someone else, maybe Zev? Makes Noveske receivers. Maybe even just based on old Mega designs? Honestly couldn’t be bothered to investigate as none of it is worth the coin.

It went from ‘good stuff you could get elsewhere to -> 600 over comparable guns for a name. To -> an expensive product that is riding on the legacy of its past away founder and seemingly not offering the same customer experience with a premium on ‘the best’ like developing a forged lower receiver with a flared mag well, when no one was doing anything close.

Anyways, it’s 2022, not 2012. I’d be looking for contemporary offerings and If I really wanted a Noveske lower I’d just go for the full rifle.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TMS951 View Post
    There is good info on this forum if searched. But Noveske released FORGED gen 2 lowers. Then magpul released a gen 2 or maybe 3 pmag that did not fit the Noveske gen 2 lower.

Obviously magpul wasn’t changing sht because they probably made 10,000 mags for every one Noveske lower, nor should they have.

Noveske releases gen 3 lower. It’s not forged. It’s made by some out fit that is stubborn or something. It fits pmags. From here on out they decided to not make the investment into a forging for a lower. Eventually there was a falling out with the stubborn mule , who said go f yourself. And now someone else, maybe Zev? Makes Noveske receivers. Maybe even just based on old Mega designs? Honestly couldn’t be bothered to investigate as none of it is worth the coin.

If you check the good info on this forum, you will probably find that ToddK and/ or myself were the ones who wrote the good info. If I were you, I wouldn't run around posting the above info, as it makes you look pretty bad. Or perhaps I should say that you make yourself look bad to anyone who actually knows factual information. What you have is a bit of truth mixed in with a bunch of... not truths.

I'm not berating you, so please don't take it that way. I'm simply trying to keep things clean with the facts as I know them. Not because I read them some place online, but because I was there, shooting the pictures, and vacationing at Johnny's house.

I think you are a solid member of this forum, so I hope you take the above the way it was intended, and not as an insult or anything similar.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TMS951 View Post

It went from ‘good stuff you could get elsewhere to -> 600 over comparable guns for a name. To -> an expensive product that is riding on the legacy of its past away founder and seemingly not offering the same customer experience with a premium on ‘the best’ like developing a forged lower receiver with a flared mag well, when no one was doing anything close.

Anyways, it’s 2022, not 2012. I’d be looking for contemporary offerings and If I really wanted a Noveske lower I’d just go for the full rifle.
    Only the first couple hundred Gen 2's had the Magpul mag fitment issue.

I got one of the first Gen 2's that had the problem.

The other ones did not have that problem.

Noveske has offered to machine down the part of the lower that has the problem but it is not a problem for me as I do not use Magpul mags in that lower.

The Gen 2 lowers are extremely valuable and command a high price on GunBroker.