Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Doughnut in my 223 cases

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    PB has a Rem 788 with a 12 twist. That is truly a crippling twist rate in a bolt gun in .223.
    Funny thing is,, I wasn't trying that hard with the load.

62 Hornady BTHP
    22.5 SMP735 surplus ball powder that is a touch faster than H335
    Magtech SR primer
    PMC brass
    Loaded to 2.260 on a Dillon 550.

I think I could get rid of some of the vertical if I turned up the powder charge a little more and used a CCI 450 but I was happy, considering I paid $250 for the rifle.
    "The sword is more important than the shield, and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental." John Steinbeck

Feedback Score
    I just checked again, no 62 gr BTHP to be had. I'll probably just buy 69 gr BTHP and be done with it. The only reason I mentioned Hornady 60 gr VMax is because the OP was working with 62 grainers. Hmmm, MidSouth shows a 62 gr BT Soft-Point. That would likely work better than the 62 gr FMJBT as well.
    “Detached Reflection Cannot Be Demanded in the Presence of an Uplifted Knife” ~ Brown v. United States (1921)

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MarshallDodge View Post
    Funny thing is,, I wasn't trying that hard with the load.
    I had that happen with 6.5 creed. Wore my ass out trying to get accuracy out of that round. I finally gave up and just tossed some regular FED LR primers in to Hornady brass and just loaded stuff to shoot, and It worked great.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234