Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Knight's or P&S M5 RAS availability?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    What about the Centurion Arms C4 1913 rail? I have them on 16 and 20" guns. Below is a 20"....
    I suppose that would work in a pinch for a clone. I was lucky I guess and found the real-deal but I could see what you posted as a somewhat reluctant alternative. Looks-wise it would pass muster at a cursory glance, especially with rail panels on it.

I have a 20" barrel fetish, so to speak (for guns only!). I like M4geries but the only other 20" I have has a 20", chrome lined, 1:7, A1 profile barrel. *Supposedly* a contract overrun from a batch Colt did for the Israeli military.....who knows (got it from McKay Enterprises several years ago). It has a PRI round carbon-fiber FF handguard, A1 stock and PG, flattop upper, a Matech BUIS and an Aimpoint Pro. Feels very good in the hand.
    Last edited by ABNAK; 12-04-22 at 18:03.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I actually checked Centurion's sight before making my post. And the only 12" is Mlok now... unless I missed it. I do have a Centurion rail that I like a lot.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I actually checked Centurion's sight before making my post. And the only 12" is Mlok now... unless I missed it. I do have a Centurion rail that I like a lot.

This?

https://centurionarms.com/c4-rail-7in-12in/

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    I suppose that would work in a pinch for a clone. I was lucky I guess and found the real-deal but I could see what you posted as a somewhat reluctant alternative. Looks-wise it would pass muster at a cursory glance, especially with rail panels on it.
    Do Centurion rails have the little notches for the KAC type panels to lock in to?

Feedback Score
    I had a hard time finding a Carbine RAS over a year ago. I'm sure it's harder now. I eventually found a DD EZCAR, well used and still with the sand and dust from whoever used it last, for an M4gery, it was close enough, and the price was right.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    Do Centurion rails have the little notches for the KAC type panels to lock in to?
    Not sure, was just commenting that aesthetically it looks close to the M5 RAS. Add rail panels and it will look even more similar.

Had an issue with the KAC rail covers not entirely locking into place, even with screwdriver prying. Most did but the stubborn one I just cut a single section of a "rail ladder" and tapped it gently into place in the slot in front of the KAC handguard piece. Seems to work pretty good. No movement.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    Not sure, was just commenting that aesthetically it looks close to the M5 RAS. Add rail panels and it will look even more similar.

Had an issue with the KAC rail covers not entirely locking into place, even with screwdriver prying. Most did but the stubborn one I just cut a single section of a "rail ladder" and tapped it gently into place in the slot in front of the KAC handguard piece. Seems to work pretty good. No movement.
    Just zoomed in on Stickmans pic with readers on and saw that is the panel he has so gonna go with more than likely now that I can see.

Feedback Score
    Just feeding the hate... Be jelly, very jelly, lol.

It's an old pic, but ironically, I still need 1 more M5 Ras for A4 clone #12 (9-12 not shown below)

,——'ฏฏ';=====ฑ—-
    !‚–’ฏฏƒนถ
    One is just never enough...

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    That's good. Crap. I'm trying to scare up an Aimpoint Comp M3 or C3, and there aren't even chinese knocks off on Ebay. (not that I'd buy one, and that's the last place I'd hope to have to look)

If I do find one, I'm at the mercy of the Seller because there is NO market for some reason.

Damn. There's no comparable alternative 12.0 rail to the RAS 5 that I can think of. I looked an Centurion and their only 12.0 is Mlok. Yuck!
    My LMT 14.5 "M4gery" has a Troy DI quad rail and AP PRO because I couldn't see paying cloning prices. Rail panels and VFG were easy to find at surplus stores.

Andy

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    Yep. I didn't see that you can pick the length within the specific model.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast