Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Law Tactical ARIC, BCG no buffer tube needed

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)

Law Tactical ARIC, BCG no buffer tube needed

Looks like they figured out a way to maintain stroke length of AR without the buffer tube. I can't imagine this would be as reliable without the mass of the buffer, but that's pretty cool!

99367-2T.jpg
    Last edited by crosseyedshooter; 11-14-22 at 10:23.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    In stock at Brownells.

When the reciprocating mass bottoms out where is the force transferred to the receiver? It could be a wear point.

Okay, from this video it looks like only the tab keeps the tail cap from sliding through the receiver. On an overgassed gun that could lead to battering in the same area as gas key contact?

From the disassembly video it appears that despite the use of flat wire the free length of the springs is less than standard Carbine springs, from which I infer that the spring force will be less consistent across the length of travel. With presumably very low reciprocating mass this may be a problem. If the spring force is high and there no damping element to slow the action there may be bolt-over-base malfunctions. If the spring force is low the bolt may not go into battery consistently. I would like to see the spec for the spring force and the reciprocating mass.
    Last edited by Disciple; 11-14-22 at 11:55.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Does this make for a real AR pistol?
    Interesting design, I'll wait to see regarding durability
    "It is better to be a Warrior in a Garden than a Gardner in a War"
    Let's use the First Amendment to protect the Second so we can avoid using the Second to protect the First.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    So… it’s a D/I MCX setup?

LAW Tactical makes good stuff, so I’m sure it will be a hit. However, I’m not buying into it until it is proven.

If they do an Adams Arms setup, I’d try it out on my 16” carbine. Going into my 11.5” truck gun… goes to the previous statement… not until it is proven.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Somebody on another site commented that it looked like an M&P15-22 or CMMG22 Bolt carrier group.

I suspect it will be very picky about how you balance the gas system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Certainly one of the most innovative things I’ve seen released in sometime. Very interesting and cool. People, I being one have longed for a folding AR. By that I mean fire folded.

At first glance based on my rudimentary understanding of physics and engineering it will be both finicky and delicate compared to a standard AR.

My lingering questions are how far back into the receiver extension does the back of the carrier go? Does it require a law folder or can the hole in the lower be plugged with a rail piece on it to attack all of the brn style stocks? And I’d just like to see it in more detail.

If it works with other folders I’d pick it up to just to play with.

I can’t imagine this thing would ever be up to the task of a duty gun.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TMS951 View Post
    My lingering questions are how far back into the receiver extension does the back of the carrier go? Does it require a law folder or can the hole in the lower be plugged with a rail piece on it to attack all of the brn style stocks? And I’d just like to see it in more detail.
    Watch the videos I referenced.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disciple View Post

Okay, from this video it looks like only the tab keeps the tail cap from sliding through the receiver. On an overgassed gun that could lead to battering in the same area as gas key contact?
    Looked at those vids, missed them earlier. I’d say maybe “cup” or tail cap clicks into the folder somehow? I don’t own the folder but from the video it appears he does something at the end with ‘clicking it into place’ also I’d think you could crank down the set screw after install to hold it by the folder some.

I also didn’t consider before the carrier will still ride in the upper and doesn’t rely those tiny little guide rods 100%. It still does look frigid and finicky. I’d bet it would do well with one of those rifle speed adjustable gas blocks.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TMS951 View Post
    Looked at those vids, missed them earlier. I’d say maybe “cup” or tail cap clicks into the folder somehow? I don’t own the folder but from the video it appears he does something at the end with ‘clicking it into place’
    There is a tab inside the receiver-side of the folding mechanism that keeps the regular BCG from sliding out. I believe he is just depressing that to allow the cup to pass through, into its fully seated position.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Since when is the Receiver Extension a problem on the AR? Folding ARs/Pistol ARs are nonsense to me, but to each his own.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast