Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: SHK steel magazines

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

SHK steel magazines

I cannot find a m4c thread on these $5 steel magazines. https://globalordnance.com/shk-30rd-...0850003223070/

Any experiences?

Feedback Score
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVg8rXLr1gw&t=1s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i97wp8W-PLQ

The second one is interesting only in that LRBHO did not work on his sample of one mag. For 5 bucks I think they'd make good range mags but not sure I would count on them in a pickle. I had 10 in the cart last week and held off for some reason.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I just bought a dozen based on excellent feedback over on AR15.com. Build quality on the mag bodies is excellent and robust. Followers move freely and I see no obvious defects in them. Springs appear of good quality.

What I did do, and do anyway with new mags, is tear em down and apply dry-lube. Some of the lot I noticed were more 'sticky' in follower movement then others due to whatever lubricant was used. All were cleaned with hot water/soap, dryed, dry-film spray applied to innards and springs.

To a mag they all function butter smooth and LRBHO is functional in all. I would buy some if I were you...a dozen for 60$, you can't lose.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    I always look at everything else a company sells. They sell junk and I can only assume the magazines are junk!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    I always look at everything else a company sells. They sell junk and I can only assume the magazines are junk!
    All due respect, do you have any of these mags in your possession? I own NHMTG, Okay, DD, Gen 3's and these. Mags are well made. If I added some red springs from SAW and Magpul plates, they'd be stellar, but I see no reason, after cleaning them, to not run them as is.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrin View Post
    All due respect, do you have any of these mags in your possession? I own NHMTG, Okay, DD, Gen 3's and these. Mags are well made. If I added some red springs from SAW and Magpul plates, they'd be stellar, but I see no reason, after cleaning them, to not run them as is.
    Thanks, I'm going to get a few. Should keep wear off my PMAGs at least. I don't suppose you've tried the SHK 33 round Glock magazine too?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I think you’ll be pleased. No I haven’t used the Glock mags, word is they’re decent.

AR and AK mags get the glowing reviews.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I just bought a dozen based on excellent feedback over on AR15.com. Build quality on the mag bodies is excellent and robust. Followers move freely and I see no obvious defects in them. Springs appear of good quality.

What I did do, and do anyway with new mags, is tear em down and apply dry-lube. Some of the lot I noticed were more 'sticky' in follower movement then others due to whatever lubricant was used. All were cleaned with hot water/soap, dryed, dry-film spray applied to innards and springs.

To a mag they all function butter smooth and LRBHO is functional in all. I would buy some if I were you...a dozen for 60$, you can't lose.
    Thanks for the review. They seem like a decent training and range mag. I guess for my purposes I don't see the benefit to save $50 on a 10 pack of Gen 3 mags though.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    ...was looking at a case of Gen 3's, so for a 70$ difference (w/shipping), one could throw in some SAW red springs in these and magpul floorplates and only be out a 50$ difference vs 10 Gen 3's and, arguably, have a better mag setup in these.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    ...was looking at a case of Gen 3's, so for a 70$ difference (w/shipping), one could throw in some SAW red springs in these and magpul floorplates and only be out a 50$ difference vs 10 Gen 3's and, arguably, have a better mag setup in these.
    Right... a fool and their money... easily parted...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast