Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: SHK steel magazines

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Where are D&H mags $7 with free shipping?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Disciple View Post
    Where are D&H mags $7 with free shipping?
    Watch them. They go on sale regularly. Just a week or so ago i ordered 10 for 79 and change (5.5% state tax).

https://palmettostatearmory.com/accessories/magazines/rifle-magazines/ar-15/d-h-ar-15-223-5-56-magazine-30rd-alm-black-teflon-laser-mag-30-al-lz-bt-mp-psa.html
    Last edited by robbins290; 11-30-22 at 17:08. Reason: Forgot link

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I got the SHK mags today. The bodies feel sturdy and are well finished and the anti-tilt followers run smoothy, but the rounds on the right hand side are presented at a funny angle and don't seem well controlled. I'd say I gambled and lost, as I would rather just have three more PMAGs for the same price.

Feedback Score
    I bought 10 of these steel mags. They don’t fit my Daniel Defense lower. They don’t seat all the way in & don’t lock in. They do fit my pre-ban Bushie & PSA.

I have steel HK mags that fit the DD (i had purchased them for a MSAR E4 & FS2000) so, it seems the global ordnance mags are different spec than HK.

I just got them & haven’t shot with them, so I cannot comment further.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I’ll post a report over the weekend, taking a half dozen out to run tomorrow in practice. All of the ones I received fit an Armalite and a Caracal 816 on a sionics lower.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MSW View Post
    I bought 10 of these steel mags. They don’t fit my Daniel Defense lower. They don’t seat all the way in & don’t lock in. They do fit my pre-ban Bushie & PSA.
    Mine fit and lock in a LMT lower with a DD upper. What is the interference point on your lower?

Do you have the issue with rounds on the right hand (ejection side) of the stack pointing more inward and upward than PMAGs and Surefeeds, and feeling uncontrolled? If it were not for that I would be pleased with the purchase.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)

I told you so....

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    I told you so....
    Not sure why you feel the need to laugh. You posted after I ordered and I had no illusion of these taking the place of PMAGs.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Know it all syndrome...ignore it.

I’ll edit this post for how they stacked up in training Saturday later today (w/ pics). Mostly good, some bad, but not a wasted investment by any means.

UPDATE : So I picked 6 out of the dozen and ran thru them w/ 250 rounds of XM193. 4 functioned and fed flawlessly. 2 had hang ups on reloads. Culprit on those 2 is the 'overspray' on the mag bodies. Whatever is used to finish these mags goes on thick in some places. Re-inserting the magazine with more force solved the problem, but a lil Flitz polish should remedy those 2 magazines.

Final verdict IMO : buy these mags if you're looking for a rock bottom deal, and don't mind using your noodle to troubleshoot a minor issue. At minimum, these will make excellent range magazines. More than that, vet - all of them - first. Still not a bad deal overall @ 60$ for a dozen w/ free shipping...picture attached.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Patrin; 12-06-22 at 18:03.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Disciple View Post
    Mine fit and lock in a LMT lower with a DD upper. What is the interference point on your lower?

Do you have the issue with rounds on the right hand (ejection side) of the stack pointing more inward and upward than PMAGs and Surefeeds, and feeling uncontrolled? If it were not for that I would be pleased with the purchase.
    The rear of the magazine stifks in the mag well & won’t lock in place.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast