Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is OD Green making a comeback?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Question Is OD Green making a comeback?

Seems like the range of available trousers, shirts, jackets, and other field/combat clothing in OD Green is increasing pretty quick in recent years, from multiple manufacturers. The teams seem to be wearing it more "in the wild" as well, if declassified photos are any indicator. Or, perhaps I am just late to the party, as they say.

Is the past now the future?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I remember OD green being almost black in low light against the light desert. One of my classes had a night shoot portion, and it struck me at how OD green popped off the light desert background in low light.

Other than those specific conditions, I like OD green for general use.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I remember OD green being almost black in low light against the light desert. One of my classes had a night shoot portion, and it struck me at how OD green popped off the light desert background in low light.

Other than those specific conditions, I like OD green for general use.
    This was Maricopa or Pinal County area, by chance? We lived in the Verde Valley in Yavapai County and in the daytime, Od Green does ok. Just ok. No idea what it looks like at night though, so I must defer to your experience.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Comeback?

It never left.

Actually, "Ranger Green" (like faded field jackets, OG-107 jungle fatigues, and deuce-and-a-half tarps) blends in just about anywhere.

Even in and around deserts, towns and villages always have something growing.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sinister View Post
    Comeback?

It never left.

Actually, "Ranger Green" (like faded field jackets, OG-107 jungle fatigues, and deuce-and-a-half tarps) blends in just about anywhere.

Yep. Ranger green is one of the closest colors to natural gray that it blends in almost better than any other single color to a variety of environments.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buncheong View Post
    This was Maricopa or Pinal County area, by chance? We lived in the Verde Valley in Yavapai County and in the daytime, Od Green does ok. Just ok. No idea what it looks like at night though, so I must defer to your experience.
    DPS range at Ben Avery. Very light desert. OD looks black against it in low light.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    OD AND Tiger Stripe hasnt left my closet.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sinister View Post
    Comeback?

It never left.

As I say, I am always late to the party. In this case, the OD Green party.
    ”New levels of dissimulation being reached for - and gained – in the faux journalism/gov spokesmen/shadowy ‘intelligence’ nexus which blends together the worst elements of controlled medias, puppet governments, & mafia-led ‘security’ forces, as our ‘post-reality’ era jets further and further away from any remotely real ‘events,’ authentic ‘leaders,’ & factual reporting.”

~ Yuno

"The future is bright, mostly because flames are on the horizon."

~ Author unknown

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    The JRTC OPFOR (509th Parachute Infantry, the "Geronimos") have worn olive or Ranger Green for years.

The new, modern Russian "Ratnik" ensemble is also green:

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    The one thing I would do is check whatever you were considering with infrared camera / NVG. And also for ultraviolet if you hunt.

I've been stunned at hell so I'm very effective daylight camo flash solid bright white on infrared.

Likewise, many birds see into ultraviolet. I've become convinced that Dove do and a comfortable camo shirt that I would hunt in they were flaring off in ways they didn't before. This was also one of the shirts that flashed white on infrared.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast