Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22

Thread: Is OD Green making a comeback?

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    3,542
    Feedback Score
    22 (100%)


    OD Green and Ranger Green is great if you don't want to run dedicated camo pattern for your AO. I prefer Mas Grey but barely anyone makes gear and field clothing in them.
    Forward Ascertainment Group

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Sea of Japan
    Posts
    896
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

    Question

    Quote Originally Posted by sinister View Post
    The JRTC OPFOR (509th Parachute Infantry, the "Geronimos") have worn olive or Ranger Green for years.



    Their uniforms look like an ACU-type cut, as opposed the older BDU cut of my time. Any idea who supplies these? Is it a .gov contractor or a COTS supplier? I've never seen these before in service, so your photos are a great education for me (and thanks much!)

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Sea of Japan
    Posts
    896
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pinzgauer View Post
    The one thing I would do is check whatever you were considering with infrared camera / NVG. And also for ultraviolet if you hunt.

    I've been stunned at hell so I'm very effective daylight camo flash solid bright white on infrared.

    Likewise, many birds see into ultraviolet. I've become convinced that Dove do and a comfortable camo shirt that I would hunt in they were flaring off in ways they didn't before. This was also one of the shirts that flashed white on infrared.
    I hadn't thought about that aspect at all, but it's a compelling point and I need to consider it. Thanks for the helpful reply and for sharing the pro experience, both are gratefully appreciated.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Sea of Japan
    Posts
    896
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post

    OD Green and Ranger Green is great if you don't want to run dedicated camo pattern for your AO. I prefer Mas Grey but barely anyone makes gear and field clothing in them.
    How does MAS gray do in the forest/wooded areas, in your experience?

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    GA
    Posts
    2,014
    Feedback Score
    52 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buncheong View Post
    Their uniforms look like an ACU-type cut, as opposed the older BDU cut of my time. Any idea who supplies these? Is it a .gov contractor or a COTS supplier? I've never seen these before in service, so your photos are a great education for me (and thanks much!)
    They're Propper ACUs.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    GA
    Posts
    2,014
    Feedback Score
    52 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buncheong View Post
    I hadn't thought about that aspect at all, but it's a compelling point and I need to consider it. Thanks for the helpful reply and for sharing the pro experience, both are gratefully appreciated.
    If you're going to consider IR spectrum, make sure you wash these uniforms with detergent that don't have any optical brighteners in them.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    The Absent Minded Perfesser
    Posts
    7,122
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Is OD making a comeback? Not according to MidwayUSA, who are annoyingly discontinuing everything they make in it and seem to be dumping Coyote in favor of Henry Ford Black for most things. (Personally annoying because Green vs Tan is how my gal and I mark "His & Hers" to match our rifles.)
    Ye best start believin' in Orwellian Dystopias, mateys... yer LIVIN' in one!
    --after Capt. Hector Barbossa
    Joe Biden is not, nor will he EVER be, my President. Psalms 109:8 #SauceForGooseSauceForGander #AllDemsArePedos

    LIFE MEMBER - NRA & SAF Not employed or sponsored by any manufacturer, distributor or retailer.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    College Station, Texas
    Posts
    1,906
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buncheong View Post
    Their uniforms look like an ACU-type cut, as opposed the older BDU cut of my time. Any idea who supplies these? Is it a .gov contractor or a COTS supplier? I've never seen these before in service, so your photos are a great education for me (and thanks much!)
    I've got Propper and Tru-Spec ACU-style.

    I think my kid was issued Propper when he was at Polk in 2018.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Durham, NC
    Posts
    6,035
    Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    The two best uniforms we fielded were the jungle utes and the Vietnam-era ERDL camo. Woodland right behind. Then things went off the rails.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Sea of Japan
    Posts
    896
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GTF425 View Post
    If you're going to consider IR spectrum, make sure you wash these uniforms with detergent that don't have any optical brighteners in them.
    I read that somewhere a few years ago, I think on Brent0331s channel in the comments. Been using Woolite Dark in cold water, ever since.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •