Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The new Reptilia stock... anyone using or handled it? Thoughts and first impressions

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

The new Reptilia stock... anyone using or handled it? Thoughts and first impressions

https://soldiersystems.net/2022/11/1...k-by-reptilia/

While it is pretty clear that the new Reptilia stock is visually similar to the Magpul Zhukov stock, the internals are obviously altered to make way for the receiver extension (buffer tube for you primates who don't speak "AR"). Soldier systems has a nice little piece written about the Reptilia stock, and I won't do them the disservice of doing a blatant cut and paste.

I'm curious as to who has tried the new stock, and what their thoughts and feelings are. The Magpul Zhukov stock is one which I had always thought should have been adapted to the AR platform, and it looks like the Reptilia crew thought the same way.

What do you think? Would you use one? Do you have any interest in a "do all" stock? Are you tired of more expensive stocks, or are you happy to see continual product evolution on the AR lineup?
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    Looks like a Zhukov and a UBR 2.0 had a baby. To answer your question if I would use one; yes I would if it had a solid lock up like a UBR, but weighed significantly less.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I've kinda been looking around for something for my .308 with a Luth stock and an EMOD on another.
    That looks like a winner but will have to wait till Oct 2023 though.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I’ve tried new stocks here and there. I like to check out new products.

I always find myself coming back to the CTR and SOPMOD.

Owning a UBR I would not purchase another stock that does the cheek weld this way. So no interest in this offering for me. Also honestly a nonstandard buffer tube is a big turn off as well.

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Looks potentially beard-snag-free. If it's priced under $150, I'd give one a try.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Intrigued. But not sure. Price isn’t horrible with the receiver extension included.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    https://soldiersystems.net/2022/11/1...k-by-reptilia/

While it is pretty clear that the new Reptilia stock is visually similar to the Magpul Zhukov stock, the internals are obviously altered to make way for the receiver extension (buffer tube for you primates who don't speak "AR"). Soldier systems has a nice little piece written about the Reptilia stock, and I won't do them the disservice of doing a blatant cut and paste.

I'm curious as to who has tried the new stock, and what their thoughts and feelings are. The Magpul Zhukov stock is one which I had always thought should have been adapted to the AR platform, and it looks like the Reptilia crew thought the same way.

What do you think? Would you use one? Do you have any interest in a "do all" stock? Are you tired of more expensive stocks, or are you happy to see continual product evolution on the AR lineup?
    Well, the photography seems to have a certain particular style, that's for sure.

A buddy mentioned this stock to me this morning. Think I'll be getting one when I can find one for sale.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Ah yes, the stylish Ugg boot stock!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I would like to see a shorter PDW version.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    I'm in no rush, so I'll pick one up on sale one of these days. They certainly look intriguing and beard hair snag free, which is a huge plus for me.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast