Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Med kit for family

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Any med kit today needs to have a supply of Ivermectin.

Feedback Score
    52 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ndmiller View Post
    Any thoughts on a simple booboo/medical bag (separate from above)? Been searching around for something simple, easy and budget friendly.

At this point thinking HPG Tool Roll (more organization) or GP Medium Pocket (less organization) both under $50.
    As others have posted, tool bags work great for this purpose and are generally much higher quality than cheap bags marketed for medical purposes.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    We have a few of these; keep one in the vehicles, on top of the refrigerator, etc. https://www.tramedicresponse.com/sho...s/tramedicube/

Also have a number of them in different places around our worksites. Their design makes them easy to carry around and to spot in an emergency.

The cool thing about TraMedic is that they have visual aids included in the subkits, with the subkits divided by injury. So, you pull the subkit based on the injury, and it has everything you need to treat that injury right in the subkit. The visual aids also help with remembering how to treat each injury. Not sure if they still offer them, but TraMedic used to offer really good videos for training. Even kids could watch them and remember what to do. If you are looking to coach your kids up on this stuff, might be worth taking a look.

Disclosure: I know the guy who owns the parent company, Tactical Medical Solutions (they make the SOFT-T), but I'm not employed by them nor would I get anything from this recommendation.

Feedback Score
    Look up a "stop the bleed" class. A guy locally put one on here a few years ago and it was REALLY great. Learned a lot.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    I will. Thank you.
    "Enlighten the people generally, and tyranny and oppressions of body and mind will vanish like evil spirits at the dawn of day."

Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HKGuns View Post
    Any med kit today needs to have a supply of Ivermectin.
    Can you enlighten me more on the importance of this?

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by danieljmaunder View Post
    Can you enlighten me more on the importance of this?
    It's a great old-school anti-parasitic, and can be given for a wide range of off-shelf illnesses. Some studies show efficacy with COVID, though the data isn't super strong. I see it as "might help, can't hurt."

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    There are a lot of great recommendations for trauma kits. I carry one in my car, but I will also echo the importance of basic first aid supplies “boo-boo kit”. You are far more likely to experience a minor wound that does not need a TQ. So having a basic first aid kit for you and your family is a great starting point.
    Things like:
    - various sizes of band aids
    - non adherent pads (different sizes)
    - antibiotic ointment
    - steri strips
    - ace wraps
    - basic OTC’s
    I know there is a lot more items to consider. But starting with the basics and building from there is a great way to go.

Feedback Score
    Add hemostats to the list. I have one or two in all of our kits. Occasionally for tick removal but all the time for splinters and thorns which kids (and adults) seem to be magnets for. Also burn dressings and burn gel packets. Israeli bandages are also in each kit plus one or two extra in each vehicle.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123