Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Romeo 7s mount footprint?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Romeo 7s mount footprint?

Can anyone confirm whether this is a T1/T2 footprint?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Sure looks like it to me.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    Thank you sir!

Feedback Score
    66 (100%)
    It is, I have a couple and one is mounted to an ADM T1/T2 Mount.
    "To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms..."
    - Richard Henry Lee, 1788

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    Is the comp m5, and m5 s the same footprint?
    Thanks.

Feedback Score
    66 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by camoman View Post
    Is the comp m5, and m5 s the same footprint?
    Thanks.
    They are all the same, but I think I read that the M5s sits a little higher due to the lower battery compartment. So, when using the M5s on a lower 1/3 or absolute co-witness mount, it will actually sit a little higher than the M5 would on the same mount.
    "To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms..."
    - Richard Henry Lee, 1788

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by NoveskeFan View Post
    They are all the same, but I think I read that the M5s sits a little higher due to the lower battery compartment. So, when using the M5s on a lower 1/3 or absolute co-witness mount, it will actually sit a little higher than the M5 would on the same mount.
    I see. I wonder if the Romeo 7s is the same? It looks to be a copy/paste of a comp m5s.

I am looking at Scalarworks mounts, and wonder if I’d benefit with the comp m5s mount, over the T-1 mount?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Sig Romeo 5 can accept various aftermarket mounts because the it has the exact mounting footprint as the Aimpoint Micro.
    That means all of the American Defense, LaRue, Scalarworks, SLR and other mounts will work with this.
    Sig Romeo 7 features a completely different mounting footprint than ROMEO 5, and many Aimpoint Comp4 mount will work with it.

https://www.badassoptic.com/sig-saue...-5-comparison/
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    Sig Romeo 5 can accept various aftermarket mounts because the it has the exact mounting footprint as the Aimpoint Micro.
    That means all of the American Defense, LaRue, Scalarworks, SLR and other mounts will work with this.
    Sig Romeo 7 features a completely different mounting footprint than ROMEO 5, and many Aimpoint Comp4 mount will work with it.

https://www.badassoptic.com/sig-saue...-5-comparison/
    Thanks for the response.
    The optic in question is Romeo 7s, which is much more compact then the original Romeo 7. The Romeo 7 looks to be a Comp m4 clone, where the Romeo 7s looks to be a Comp m5s clone.
    From what I gather, yes the Romeo 7 uses the Comp m4 mounting footprint, but the Romeo 7s uses the micro/comp m5 footprint.
    I’m just wondering where the Romeo 7s height will be at, if I went with the comp m5s mount vs the T-1 mount.
    Last edited by camoman; 11-21-22 at 16:24.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast