Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: JCP, who are the players, and what has been seen so far

Feedback Score

JCP, who are the players, and what has been seen so far

I'm not the best at keeping up with this stuff, it goes from being cancelled to becoming an Airforce project, and then yada, yada, yada, I can't keep up! For those of you "in the know", what's the scoop, the strait dope, the nitty gritty?

1.Who (to the best of your knowledge) is developing a pistol for the JCP program?

2. Of those companies, who will be selling the pistols to the general public after SHOT show?

3. Is a threaded barrel still part of the JCP requirements, and if so who will be selling these variants to the public?

Your opinion: Of all the companies that will be selling their submissions (with threaded barrels) after SHOT show, which one are YOU interested in, and why?

Thanks for the help!

Feedback Score
    I believe the JCP was shelved. The Air Force is now conducting their own RFI.

Feedback Score
    He is right. The Air Force is rolling with it now. I think the RFI closed last week. More to come .. Stand by !
    Brett W

Elite Defense
    Vice President of Domestic Sales and Marketing

FN Senior Manager of Assault Weapons - SCAR Program 2006-2010
    Former Troy Industries Inc Director of Operations 2003-2006

Each Warrior wants to leave the mark of his will, his signature, on important acts he touches. This is not the voice of ego but of the human spirit, rising up and declaring that it has something to contribute to the solution of the hardest problems, no matter how vexing!
    -Pat Riley

Feedback Score
    Have the requirements changed????

The only pictures that I have seen is of the SIG 220 and the FN45(?), and I guess that I was just wondering if any of the companies involved with the original request for the COTS gun would be bringing those varients to market.

BTW, do you have any more pics of that FN45, I'd like to see more! Are there plans in the works for a threaded barrel?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shark31
    The only pictures that I have seen is of the SIG 220 and the FN45(?)
    What is/was Sig's submission? I just recently saw a 220 SAO that looks like a pretty sweet pistol. Has anyone tried out a 220 SAO, if so what are your thoughts?

Feedback Score
    I cannoot release them. Sorry .. .. And I am sure there are a few other companies going for, but im not sure they want ot be disclosed, so I wont unitl they do.
    Brett W

Elite Defense
    Vice President of Domestic Sales and Marketing

FN Senior Manager of Assault Weapons - SCAR Program 2006-2010
    Former Troy Industries Inc Director of Operations 2003-2006

Each Warrior wants to leave the mark of his will, his signature, on important acts he touches. This is not the voice of ego but of the human spirit, rising up and declaring that it has something to contribute to the solution of the hardest problems, no matter how vexing!
    -Pat Riley

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Does FN do a short-stroke DAO/QA/safe-action type trigger for that pistol? Or any pistol? I hate DA/SA pistols.

M_P

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    While I won't pretend to know all the details it's my understanding that GLOCK is also interested and will produce a G21 sized entry with a smaller grip (the width will be the same but fore-aft will be reduced), ambi-mag release and external safety.

However, it is unclear at this time if they will release this model to the public. I have seen the new and improved magazines that will be backwards compatible with the current crop of G21s.

ETA: Apparently the G21SF is now listed in various distributors inventories...

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Here's one picture: Slim Line G21

Feedback Score
    Looks like we are about to enter a Golden Age for doublestack .45ACP semiautos.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast