Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is S&W M&P 2.0 factory optic mount better than Glock MOS?

Feedback Score

Is S&W M&P 2.0 factory optic mount better than Glock MOS?

Or about the same?

Is a cut slide better than either factory option?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I’ve heard S&W makes specific cut slides but like Glock only sells them to LE.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I think M&P CORE has the advantage due to the optic mounting screws going directly into the slide and the adapter plate mostly functions as a spacer and location reference. This provides more thread engagement of the mounting screws although there’s some controversy from S&W switching from metal to plastic spacers on the commercial SKUs. The one LE SKU I’ve seen still includes metal spacers.

There’s an LE SKU M&P 9mm 4.25” (SKU 13353) that has a factory ACRO cut.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by crosseyedshooter View Post
    I think M&P CORE has the advantage due to the optic mounting screws going directly into the slide and the adapter plate mostly functions as a spacer and location reference. This provides more thread engagement of the mounting screws although there’s some controversy from S&W switching from metal to plastic spacers on the commercial SKUs. The one LE SKU I’ve seen still includes metal spacers.

There’s an LE SKU M&P 9mm 4.25” (SKU 13353) that has a factory ACRO cut.
    Thanks, that's good info!

A cut Glock mount would be lower than a CORE M&P? Or no or only slightly?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    More thread engagement, past minimum thread engagement, has diminished or zero return in this application.

https://www.forwardcontrolsdesign.co...ngagement.html

I don't think SW slide's optics footprint is superior to Glock's. Both provide means to stop the plate from moving along the bore, rotating and moving laterally. The plates make the difference at this point.
    Last edited by Duffy; 01-07-23 at 09:34.
    Roger Wang
    Forward Controls Design
    Simplicity is the sign of truth

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I’ve learned more from that link on FCD than any thread on the matter! Thank you, Roger!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    if it requires a plate its garbage.
    stop being poor and just get it cut

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidneyious View Post
    if it requires a plate its garbage.
    stop being poor and just get it cut
    Haven't chosen the next gun to have RDS yet.

Considering an M&P 2.0 Compact because I like my 2.0 Full size .45. If only the grip was shorter.

Or I can wait until someone comes up with an iron solution for the Beretta M92X Centurion RDO I have. Optic mounts too high to see irons. Langdon mod makes it a possibility, but the optic still ends up pretty high.

Want to put my HS507c on something else.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    Considering an M&P 2.0 Compact because I like my 2.0 Full size .45. If only the grip was shorter.
    You want the original 1.0 Compact length? It should be pretty easy to cut down a grip to fit the 12rnd mags.

I look at some pistols like the A2 upper. Not worth the trouble and height to mount an optic when the flattop upper and equally more suitable pistols exist for optics.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd.K View Post
    You want the original 1.0 Compact length? It should be pretty easy to cut down a grip to fit the 12rnd mags.

I look at some pistols like the A2 upper. Not worth the trouble and height to mount an optic when the flattop upper and equally more suitable pistols exist for optics.
    I don't think I can chop the full size m&p 2.0 .45 because of the detachable grip arrangement on the rear. Otherwise I would! And use the 8 rd mags.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast