Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Need Help on a 10 mm ..... Bear issues

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 63Qcode View Post
    FWIW , DNR says there are no mountain lions in NC . A friend has a vineyard in Wilkes County and got a video of one going down one of his vine rows marking as he went . Showed it to me and a friend who is with DNR ..... destroyed that theory right there .

About a month later , we were on our back deck one evening around 10pm and heard one about 100 yards down the mtn . We looked at each other , grabbed the dog and hauled tail inside .
    Guess DNI needs to revamp things a bit .
    I dont know if TN Wildlife Resource Agengy {TWRA} says TN has them or not- but I SAY we do. Saw one 75 yards or so behind my house in May 2007.
    Broad daylight..sprinting across a fresh cut hay field. A former game warden 5 miles from me saw a black one a few years earlier..and another old gent in the small community I was in saw one too. Like about 30 other critters...eagles, armadillos,red ants, herons, coyotes, wild hogs, ect ect...theyve moved east & south too. Im in Lincoln County on the TN/AL line..and I know for a fact they are in around Dothan AL as Ive seen game camera footage from there clear as a bell.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SteyrAUG View Post
    I was really kind of glad when it just strolled down the hill.
    It is unlikely you will see the one you really need to worry about. But I would be a bit nervous about a cat that seems so comfortable around people. It does depend on how often and how close it’s seen.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Have you seen the Hi Point 10mm YET? Since 10mm was the topic, I had to chunk the junk in this arena.
    POW-MIA, #22untilnone
    Let Us #NeverForget!

If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you,
    but it's still on my list.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DG23 View Post
    You ever try to shoot at something while that dog was pulling and you were trying to hold a leash?

How about trying to shoot while your dog was attacking some shit (and not hit your dog)?

I've got a pair of 100lb Dobermans and they can see better than me, hear better than me, run faster than me, and snatch a leash out of my hand (leash burns SUCK) in an instant 'if' they are determined enough.

I 'thought' I was being slick by tethering mine together (a dog on each end and me holding the leash in the middle) on a 30' lead so just in case one decides to bolt after something she would possibly be hindered by the weight of the dog on the other end and me holding in the middle...

A few nights ago went to take them on that last potty break of the night and I did not see the stray cat under the carport. Patience saw it. Jerked that lead out of my hand and drug her sister (across mine and the neighbors wet ass muddy yards) like she was nothing as she took off after that cat in 'kill' mode.

I also remember a time when I took them out and they both had pinch collars on and a stray dog was near the yard. I had a good tight wind up hold on the leash so they didn't pull it free from my hand but they BOTH really wanted that dogs ass - Drug me across the yard a good 50' before they registered the prong collars at all and eased up. No damn way I could have been trying to shoot at anything while that was happening. No freaking way.

Only suggestions I have is for you to perhaps go out first and scope out the yard for potential dangers first but... Unless you got night vision those dogs will still be able to see stuff you can't (and hear it or smell it). A fence perhaps??? Good gloves to protect against leash burns and always go out 'ready' to be 'out'. (appropriate shoes and clothes and such - It sucks to be drug across a wet yard in your socks )

Good luck!
    Dg23, Cool looking dogs.

I agree with gun you shoot well with solid ammo is my pick for hunting in AZ. I want good capacity in case the wolf population takes off and I have to kill several. Hard for me to imagine most animals taking 15 to the head and sticking around. Big big bears scare the fck out of me though. 45-70 bizness.

Sig Legion makes a 10mm I would get if I were a 10mm guy. Or the Glock if I were a Glock guy.

Hell I take a gun EVERY night in my middle world suburban life, 2 legged animals….when walking my dogs late night.

PB
    Last edited by Pappabear; 01-09-23 at 19:46.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Cousin lives in East Tenn, not far from McGhee Tyson Airport. He has bee hives set out. Last fall he had a black bear on cam destroying his hives. He has never had an issue with bears in any of the areas he has hives set out in. He has a CZ-75, says he will start carrying it on his rounds.
    POW-MIA, #22untilnone
    Let Us #NeverForget!

If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you,
    but it's still on my list.

Feedback Score
    The reviews I've seen on the M&P 2.0 10mm have been good. PSA has the "Tac Pack" on sale right now for $599.99. Gun, 4 mags and a holster. AND, S&W has a $100 rebate on the M&P 2.0, so that makes it $500 plus tax and shipping. I thought that was a pretty good deal so I ordered one today.

https://palmettostatearmory.com/s-w-...ack-13731.html

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorsai View Post
    The reviews I've seen on the M&P 2.0 10mm have been good. PSA has the "Tac Pack" on sale right now for $599.99. Gun, 4 mags and a holster. AND, S&W has a $100 rebate on the M&P 2.0, so that makes it $500 plus tax and shipping. I thought that was a pretty good deal so I ordered one today.

https://palmettostatearmory.com/s-w-...ack-13731.html
    I almost wish I would have waited a few months. The deals are sweet. I sure like my 4.6.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    The new Glock 20 Gen5 is pretty sweet, I’ll probably pick one up for beer and cougar defense.
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 63Qcode View Post
    FWIW , DNR says there are no mountain lions in NC .
    Maybe those are just cougars?

Mountain Lions - Kentucky Department of Fish & Wildlife
    https://fw.ky.gov/Wildlife/Pages/Mou...20since%202005.

https://fw.ky.gov/More/Pages/For-Kids.aspx

pocketguide.jpg

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456