Last edited by TomMcC; 12-11-22 at 21:29. Reason: xxxxxx

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    https://www.newsweek.com/idaho-polic...r-case-1765697

Looking for people in a white car…

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    I'd bet a paycheck if they had a suspect they had enough evidence to charge, they would have by now. 3 weeks is a life time for such a crime and obviously it's getting all resources from state, feds, and locals. Maybe some fingerprints will pop up after they run them or DNA etc, of which no doubt there's a lot of it, but does not smell right.

One of the rare times I hope I'm wrong.
    THIS !
    Three weeks in and essentially they have nothing. No one will be caught for some time.
    This guy will be caught doing it again and far away.

Feedback Score
    I think in general crime shows on TV have raised the expectations of the public. TV cops can solve a murder in 60 minutes less commercials. Real cops solving real crimes can't compete.

Everything I see tells me this is one of the most difficult types of cases to break. If this was a jealous ex it would be over by now, but a "stranger" going all Norman Bates is tough. It sucks but that seems to be the case here. Now I hope that any inexperience by local LE has not made it more difficult, but it's possible. Even IF it is the case you can't really lay this at their feet. Who in the F is ready to deal with a scene like this. Coming off a night of scratching tickets, herding drunk kids and BAM.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by utahjeepr View Post
    I think in general crime shows on TV have raised the expectations of the public.
    Maybe for dumb asses. I watch some of those shows, and when I see them walking through the warehouse full of cold case files/boxes, I think a lot of people got away with a lot of bad stuff.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Maybe for dumb asses. I watch some of those shows, and when I see them walking through the warehouse full of cold case files/boxes, I think a lot of people got away with a lot of bad stuff.
    Nationally about 50% of murders end with a conviction.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I'd have to guess that "now days" with DNA, Cell phones, and cameras everywhere, the conviction rate is way up compared to 80s/90s and earlier. 50% is not too hot though. Depends on the kind of murder I guess.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Nationally; I would imagine that is because they were all caught at the scene either standing over the corpse or something silly like that.
    Yes cameras help and so do cell phones and DNA. But anyone who decides to commit a murder and does a little research should know to leave their cellphone home and know the locations of the cameras along the route.
    It seems like someone who wants to do it and plans it, is likely to get away with it.

Feedback Score
    I think this killer knows how to not leave any trace of forensic evidence linked to him at the murder scene. He didn't just get lucky. I would guess he is meticulous and cunning.
    I would also bet he is far away from Idaho now.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    Nationally; I would imagine that is because they were all caught at the scene either standing over the corpse or something silly like that.
    Yes cameras help and so do cell phones and DNA. But anyone who decides to commit a murder and does a little research should know to leave their cellphone home and know the locations of the cameras along the route.
    It seems like someone who wants to do it and plans it, is likely to get away with it.
    True. However I watched a show where a guy borrowed and employee's truck, drove it near by, jumped on a bike with a hoody, pedaled the rest of the way to the scene of the killing, and reversed the trip to escape. I forget how, but a good detective pieced it together and they popped the guy.

Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast