Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Moscow Idaho Murders?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    The investigators will get a search warrant for the suspects DNA and match that to the suspect DNA found at the scene.

They will likely find victim DNA in his white Hyundai.

Might also have evidence after his cell phone is searched.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by signal4l View Post
    The investigators will get a search warrant for the suspects DNA and match that to the suspect DNA found at the scene.

If those dots are connected, no doubt, a much stronger case against him. I must add however, I'm very hesitant on to see convictions for such a serious crime based almost exclusively on DNA evidence. Hopefully, they get a confession, find a murder weapon, etc.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by signal4l View Post

Location tracking history on his cell phone(s) would be helpful. His Google account may have tracking history as well.

It might benefit the police to identify laptops he has used, the systems where he may have stored data, such as colleges and as many social media profiles that they can identify the suspect used. If he spent a significant amount of time in college libraries, their servers would be a good place to conduct a thorough search.

If the suspect is truly a serial killer, the police definitely need to search for trophies from his victims.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by T2C View Post
    Location tracking history on his cell phone(s) would be helpful. His Google account may have tracking history as well.

It might benefit the police to identify laptops he has used, the systems where he may have stored data, such as colleges and as many social media profiles that they can identify the suspect used. If he spent a significant amount of time in college libraries, their servers would be a good place to conduct a thorough search.

If the suspect is truly a serial killer, the police definitely need to search for trophies from his victims.
    This guy was studying criminology, he's very likely to have covered his tracks in some smart ways.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    The FBI appears to have used commercial DNA data base to connect him to relatives. That feels very 1984 to me...Finally, if the only evidence they have connecting him to the murder is familial DNA, I suspect a decent defense attorney will get an acquittal.
    They'll be able to get his actual DNA now that they have him in custody. Sounds like they had DNA from the scene but no database match, found this kid through the vehicle tip, and since he wasn't in any of the systems they had to go with the next best thing and match family DNA. Not the first time it's been done like that, and from what i hear, it's fairly effective.

At any rate, the detectives and Feds seem extremely certain he's the guy, so they must have something pretty concrete against him. But would be nice to find the murder weapon or get a confession.

Feedback Score
    It was leaked by someone that when they executed search warrants on his apartment in Washington, and his Parents house in PA where he was arrested, they found something that was taken from the murder scene.
    If this is true it will help convict him.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I wonder what game he is playing......sounds like a Criminal Minds episode

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by B Cart View Post
    They'll be able to get his actual DNA now that they have him in custody. Sounds like they had DNA from the scene but no database match, found this kid through the vehicle tip, and since he wasn't in any of the systems they had to go with the next best thing and match family DNA. Not the first time it's been done like that, and from what i hear, it's fairly effective.

At any rate, the detectives and Feds seem extremely certain he's the guy, so they must have something pretty concrete against him. But would be nice to find the murder weapon or get a confession.
    Well to be fair have you ever seen an arrest in a high-profile case like this where they didn't think they had the right guy? I've never heard a LE team say "Well we think he's the right one".
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pag23 View Post
    I wonder what game he is playing......sounds like a Criminal Minds episode
    I've said it all along I believe this guy was a "Dexter" fan.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    Are we talking about how the call was put into the CAD, or the actual words of the caller?
    I don't know the specifics, but the fact that it seems that their first instinct wasn't to call 911 and say that there was blood and knife wounds- that the victim was unresponsive. I'm sure we'll get the tapes and play by play at some point.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast