Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Lets talk 22LR Favorites

Feedback Score
    I really enjoy my S&W 15-22 pistol and Taurus TX22.
    Both are way above my initial expectations.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I used to shoot the hell out of the Ruger Mk IV series of guns. A brick every week just spraying it as fast as we could load mags.

22 got too expensive to shoot for what it is. Overpriced and boring.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Recently shot a friends SIG P322, 20 rds of fun, may pick one up as gift to myself. Only .22LR I have is Ruger 10/22, after all, it is required by law that any gun owner have one.

Feedback Score
    I shot gazillions of 22's as a kid. Not much as an adult but on the rare occasion I do, it's my J.C. Higgins model 101.18. It can shoot 22 short, Long or LR. Superbly accurate! For my one 22 pistol, it's my Ruger 22/45 Target w/ 5" Bull barrel.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Lets talk 22LR Favorites

I'd take my trusty 1970 Ruger 10/22 over just about any other 22 rifle. This is my go to Red Squirrel eliminator, it is accurate and reliable, not much else I could lask for...........

ETA: The thing with Tapatalk I hate most is that it is t obvious what sun forum you are posting into……I suppose it was appropriate as I’ve ever had a lot of use for 22 pistols.
    Last edited by HKGuns; 11-28-22 at 23:20.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I used to shoot the hell out of the Ruger Mk IV series of guns. A brick every week just spraying it as fast as we could load mags.

22 got too expensive to shoot for what it is. Overpriced and boring.
    I feel you there. So lame that prices went up so much. I used to get the Federal 525 round bricks at my LGS for $14.99, and now that same brick is double or triple that price. I took a .22 hiatus for a while as well.

Now that my kids are getting old enough to shoot though (7 and 10 yrs old), i've been shooting more .22 with them. Also, getting more into the precision side of .22, and that has made it more enjoyable with fewer rounds fired.

Feedback Score
    I really enjoy the Glock 44 as a trainer and the Ruger Mark IV as a plinker.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by B Cart View Post
    I feel you there. So lame that prices went up so much. I used to get the Federal 525 round bricks at my LGS for $14.99, and now that same brick is double or triple that price. I took a .22 hiatus for a while as well.

Now that my kids are getting old enough to shoot though (7 and 10 yrs old), i've been shooting more .22 with them. Also, getting more into the precision side of .22, and that has made it more enjoyable with fewer rounds fired.
    We did a few bolt gun 22s, which are fun. But as cave men, the thump of a full bore rifle punishing the steel is so much more appealing.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    For handguns S&W Victory and Taurus TX22. I usually would never buy a Taurus but the TX22 is very good. Reliable with most ammo and has a threaded barrel for suppressor. It is a blast to shoot. The victory is more accurate and fun as well

I had a M&P 15-22 and bought a Tippmann Arms M4-22. The Tippmann is the better gun, especially as a training rifle as controls are the same and compatible with a lot of ar15 milspec parts. Receivers are also aluminum and not plastic like the 15-22

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by everready73 View Post
    I had a M&P 15-22 and bought a Tippmann Arms M4-22. The Tippmann is the better gun, especially as a training rifle as controls are the same and compatible with a lot of ar15 milspec parts. Receivers are also aluminum and not plastic like the 15-22
    Never heard of the Tippmann. What kind of mags does it run?? We've run the S&W with no problems, but a metal receiver sounds good.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast