Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Lets talk 22LR Favorites

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Never heard of the Tippmann. What kind of mags does it run?? We've run the S&W with no problems, but a metal receiver sounds good.
    They have their own mags, but they are good quality. They have a dust cover and metal feed ramps. I have 4 for mine and they all run good

https://tippmannarms.com/m4-22-25-round-magazine/

They can also accept ar15 triggers and have functioning bolt catch and forward assist. You can swap out the handguard, stock, sights for ar15 parts if you want

There are some vids on Youtube on the gun. I know he is kind of a shill but 22Plinkster has a decent video up on one of the options.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Never heard of the Tippmann. What kind of mags does it run?? We've run the S&W with no problems, but a metal receiver sounds good.
    ETA

You may have heard of them as they are pretty big paintball gun manufacturer

Their sister company also makes this which looks like a good time

https://tippmannarmory.com/gatling-gun/

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Thanks! I'll click on the links from home later.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I have a 22/45 Lite with Holosun and is suppressed. that's my favorite 22lr handgun to shoot
    I also have a 22 revolver and a conversion kit for my Sig P226. But the Ruger is the best for plinking around.

I also have a Marlin Model 60, and a couple 10/22's, but honestly, my favorite long gun to shoot in 22lr is the iron sight henry youth lever action that I bought for my son. Loading a tube mag and having to crank the lever for every shot slows you down some, but it really is fun. Dropping a row of steel plates for speed is a fun game to play with the kids.
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”
    - Mark Twain

Feedback Score
    I shot rimfire benchrest competition for years. Doesn't matter what rifle you shoot, you'll find that every lot of ammo varies in accuracy. QC on rimfire ammo is crappy, even the high price brands !!

Feedback Score
    My favorite 22 rifle is my Marlin 39A. Handgun would be my Colt New Frontier 22. Hard to beat for fun factor with 22LR or shorts. I have one of each reserved for my son when he is old enough to learn to shoot.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Lets talk 22LR Favorites

I have a Ruger 10/22 and a Ruger Mark IV. Both super reliable and fun. I’m looking for a revolver next.
    Last edited by 202; 11-29-22 at 20:10.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Buckmark pistol, CZ 452, AR-22.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Since we’re bringing rifles into the discussion, the CZ 455 and 457 are excellent shooters. Many come with threaded barrels too. I love heavy recoil and knocking down steel, but there’s nothing like subsonic .22LR ammo out of a suppressed bolt gun. Makes a grown man giggle.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by comm2679 View Post
    Since we’re bringing rifles into the discussion, the CZ 455 and 457 are excellent shooters. Many come with threaded barrels too. I love heavy recoil and knocking down steel, but there’s nothing like subsonic .22LR ammo out of a suppressed bolt gun. Makes a grown man giggle.
    I also like nice bolt .22s. I have an Anschutz 1727F Fortner rifle with a threaded barrel and probably a half dozen 22 sporters, including my first, 1967 vintage Browning T-Bolt.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast