Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Lets talk 22LR Favorites

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    My M&P15-22 is also one of my favs in 22LR. I have a SSA trigger, Surefire can, RDS ....it is a hot set up.

My extra shit cost twice what the gun cost but it runs. My Colt SAA is a fun handgun for me.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I stuck to handguns in my first post, but since we are talking rifles too...

If you have not shot a decent 22 LR AR, either S&W 15-22 or one of the dedicated rimfire AR uppers or builds, you owe it to yourself to do so.

I assembled a CMMG pattern dedicated .22 LR AR with a 16" pencil barrel and a FF rail. In addition to MBUS sights, I run 3 different optics on it - an inexpensive red dot, a 2-7 scope, and a 1-4 scope. Each has its place and purpose, including MBUS only, which makes for a much lighter gun.

I have been amazingly happy with the way it turned out and the way it works. Its usefully accurate and mine is very reliable (will happily run poor bulk ammo my Rugers choke on).

When I say reliable, I mean 500 or more bulk rounds in an afternoon with no cleaning and zero malfunctions. It even has fewer dud rounds than my Rugers and I am not sure I understand how.

Andy
    Last edited by AndyLate; 02-19-23 at 21:30.

Feedback Score
    OK, back to handguns, I have a Colt Scout, single action with basic sights. It shoot to point of aim @ 25 yds, & is very accurate. I acquired it in the mid 1960's while in the Air Force. My first handgun, I sold it once & got it back. Years ago my Dad fitted a scope mount for it, back when handgun scopes were rare. We could shoot walnuts out of a tall tree. The scope & mount got away from me but I take the handgun out for air from time to time. It has countless thousands of rounds thru it. i loaned it to other Airman I trusted to go target shooting. They would always buy a brick & shoot them all. Yep I kept it on base along with other firearms (against regs of course. I kept them in the trunk of my 57 Chevy. We had shakedown inspection a few times. The big cheese would search our rooms & then say if you have a car, go out to the parking lot for a car search) i'd say, no car.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Browning Buck Mark Field Target Suppressor Ready and CCI 22LR Mini Mag Target. Also Savage MARK II BTVS.

Feedback Score
    S&W Model 18, Colt Series 70 with Ace Conversion.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    S&W model 41 is responsible for more improvement in my handgun shooting than any other gun.

Kimber model 82 for a man sized 22 bolt gun. Clackamas gun sold to me by a now deceased friend. Never sell it.

Tikka T1x with a suppressor and subs for stealth fun, camp fun, plunking pests.
    Last edited by JiminAZ; 12-10-22 at 21:54.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I'm old school.
    My favorite rifle is my Marlin 36M.
    My favorite pistol is an early Single Six.
    There is a draw towards the Tippmann M4 and the Taurus TX22 T. The M4 for familiarity of controls and the TX22 just because. With the TX your my wife and I don't need to tell you why.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Dedicated CCMG AR 9" upper with 50 round drum mag. Loading the mag is a pain.... unloading it is pretty much fun though.

Ruger Mk IV 22/45

CZ 455

All have a different but equal fun factor and share a Dead Air Mask.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Favorites due to having a can…

And video of the first time out with the Ruger. Prior to adding the red dot.

https://imgur.com/a/I9DLxAB

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Hmmm, there are a lot to choose from.

Personally my favorite is the Beretta 87BB, threaded barrel and suppressed.

But others are fun as well - Beretta 21A Covert, S&W 63 3", Ruger MKIIs of various configurations, Ruger Single Six 4.5" Convertible, even the Glock 44 is nice suppressed with it's lower barrel allowing the use of OEM sights.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast