Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Lets talk 22LR Favorites

Feedback Score
    My favorite .22 rifle is my Henry lever rifle. It is truly a fun gun to shoot. I’m also have an old school 10-22 and a CMMG conversion bolt in a cheap PSA upper on a SOLGW lower that runs flawlessly for many bricks of cheap .22

I’m down to the bay a couple pistols and shoot my G44 most. It has a Timney trigger which is pretty sweet! My 22-45
    Also shoots good!

I have a few more in mind as grandkids get older…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gsd2053 View Post
    I love 22lr. What are your favorites.
    i have a few .22 handguns , my favorite would be a toss up tie between a late 60's tapered barrel Ruger Standard Mk1 and a Stoeger Luger also 60's vintage , both are allot of fun , both can ring a 8x8 at 30 yards at will , and not shabby at 50 with a miss here and there

the worst .22 i ever owned was recent , about 2 years ago Ruger Wrangler , i dubbed it the Ruger Turd Wrangler most pathetic useless piece of crap i ever owned , i could group better using it as a throwing projectile , out of the box fixed sights it was shooting 16 inches low and hitting steel everywhere except the piece i was aiming at , set a ben rest up same thing , with fixed sights shooting that low only option is file the front blade , finally got to POA plane, at least best i could see since i would drop 2 hits in the vicinity of POA with the rest who knows where they were going

100 rounds and my hand was black from powder and sore from the powder sting , timing was off , i almost pinned it to my target backer and went at it with a rifle i was so disgusted , took it back , they sent it back to Ruger , month and a half later they sent a new pistol said this matter is closed , included a target with a 6 inch spread , written on the target was "15 yards off rest" , i looked at the shop owner and he looked like he was waiting for me to flip out , took it home and could match 6 inch spread of 5 shots 3 times out of 100 , i checked crown , rifling for cerekote fouling , 5 types of ammo including CCI mini mags , but all ammo proven in other weapons , figured id give it a break in period , 500 rounds it grew worse and worse

i take it back and said to the shop owner take it home and tell me what you think , it was a test , is he going to stab me in the eye for $200 or make me whole , he calls me up and said " its not that awful" , i said sell it and walked out , did not give him the chance to say OK or No , took a $40 beaten on it and never will i cast a shadow on his door again , nor will i buy a Ruger product manufactured post 2000

just wanted a tractor gunfor snakes and ground hogs , the safest place to be around that pistol is directly in front of it

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    I have 3 22s, my Dad's Ruger Single Six with 22 Mag cylinder, I have a German CCG 1911 22,(Colt Clone) whenever I have shot it as long as I used HV ammo it never failed, and is pretty darn accurate. Its weight and controls are 100% 1911, which is kind of cool. I just bought a Ruger 10/22 from a buddy a month or so ago, I mounted a scope and have not shot it yet. Love the ones I have, I just never shoot them.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    My grandfathers ruger because thats what he taught me how to shoot with. Both handgun and pistol. For modern .22 pistols, I like the Sig 322. Would love to suppress one.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    A Ruger Mk.I or II is the best hangun for .22. Dopey me, I have a Mk.III My favorite rifle is my dedicated .22 AR tactical trainer with Tac-Sol upper & full Aero lower.

- Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    well if we are throwing rifles in the mix ,hands down Mod 60 , i have a gen 2 and a stainless gen 3 i put in a gen 1 squirrel stock , i cant stand 10/22 , the only thing a 10/22 has going for it over a model 60 is aftermarket but im not into playing Barbi with .22's

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_War_Wagon View Post
    A Ruger Mk.I or II is the best hangun for .22. Dopey me, I have a Mk.III My favorite rifle is my dedicated .22 AR tactical trainer with Tac-Sol upper & full Aero lower.

I have a Ruger MKII 4.75" Standard with an upgraded trigger - VQ sear, Clark hammer pin and bushing + overtravel adjustable Ruger trigger. It's pretty close to the perfect 22 auto for me. Not too heavy or bulky for smaller hands, very nice trigger, and reliable with quality ammo. It makes a great companion to my dedicated 22 lr AR. The AR has a pretty good trigger as well plus it will feed and fire ammo that chokes every other semi auto 22 I own.

Andy

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    I have an unhealthy amount of .22lr guns; have just been a fan since about age 11. My personal favorite rifles to shoot are my Marlin 39A, a Savage Mark II FV-SR, and an old Winchester pump (mostly for nostalgia).
    My fav. .22 pistols to shoot are my Buckmark Field Target and a Colt Frontier Scout. Buckmark is just easier to maintain than my Ruger MK2 imo.

Im on the hunt for another modern semi-auto, I have shot out my AA Arms conversion kit for my Glock and am on the fence between the Taurus and the Sig. That Kadet conversion looks nice.
    I had some tricked out M&P 15-22 pistol/rifle setups, but for some lame reason cant get my mind around the toyish feeling. Maybe ill try the Tippman. Just happy Im not having to screw with the Spikes conversion kits like the old days.

I will add I put one of those CMMG conversion kits into my 12.5 AR and its works surprisingly well, more accurate than I thought. Barrel is 1/7 Centurion SOCOM profile
    Last edited by sadmin; 04-02-23 at 08:45.
    Matthew 10:28

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sadmin View Post
    I have an unhealthy amount of .22lr guns;

Colt Frontier Scout
    I've had a hankering for one of those as well lately.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I have an unhealthy amount of .22lr guns; have just been a fan since about age 11. My personal favorite rifles to shoot are my Marlin 39A, a Savage Mark II FV-SR, and an old Winchester pump (mostly for nostalgia).
    My fav. .22 pistols to shoot are my Buckmark Field Target and a Colt Frontier Scout. Buckmark is just easier to maintain than my Ruger MK2 imo.

Im on the hunt for another modern semi-auto, I have shot out my AA Arms conversion kit for my Glock and am on the fence between the Taurus and the Sig. That Kadet conversion looks nice.
    I had some tricked out M&P 15-22 pistol/rifle setups, but for some lame reason cant get my mind around the toyish feeling. Maybe ill try the Tippman. Just happy Im not having to screw with the Spikes conversion kits like the old days.

I will add I put one of those CMMG conversion kits into my 12.5 AR and its works surprisingly well, more accurate than I thought. Barrel is 1/7 Centurion SOCOM profile

Guys run the Taurus all the time at our local match with good results. Hell they throw a RDS on top and rock it.

I prefer to shoot 9’s but these guys love the Taurus .22’s. FYI

PB

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast