Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Red dot RMR, first time out!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Red dot RMR, first time out!

This is going to be addicting…! I enjoyed the first time out shooting an RMR red dot on a handgun. After 250 rounds I am happy with my transition for iron sights to red dot thus far.

Here are a few pictures:

The group above the gun was a 5 shot group at 7 yards shot on a silent 2 second cadence count.

This was a 15 round group at 15 yards rapid fire, fired as soon as I recovered from recoil.

I didn’t seem to struggle with finding the red dot after recoil at all. I thought it was going to be like shooting with a laser sight but its way different. I have been really struggling to embrace the whole red dot trend thinking it’s just a fad! I suppose it here to stay. I an sold on the idea now.
    Live free or die trying!

Feedback Score
    Nice.
    I’m transitioning all my pistols to dots. My 57 yr old eye’s simply cannot focus on the front sight. With a dot, i look through it and focus on the target. I like that. I’ll Practice dry fire at home to get better at getting the dot from holster. Thats my only worry, the speed to first acquire the dot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Sweet. It is addicting for sure. I enjoy starting and finishing with a round of Dot Torture or a magfull at 25. The more you do it, the more natural it’ll be, and soon you’ll be shooting as well as some people do with a rifle (sadly).
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Nice! I don't think I've tried an RDS on a glock yet.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    The dot don't lie.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Nice; those Zev Duty Slides are a great value as well.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Thanks guys. I'll be going to the range again in the next day or so to hone in my red dot skills a little more. I suppose at some point I'll put red dot on my CCW.

As far as the ZEV Duty slide, I like it. It gave me nothing but troubles, mostly FTF and FTE the first 250 rounds or so. It's been trouble free for about the last 500 rounds.
    Live free or die trying!

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    Sweet. It is addicting for sure. I enjoy starting and finishing with a round of Dot Torture or a magfull at 25. The more you do it, the more natural it’ll be, and soon you’ll be shooting as well as some people do with a rifle (sadly).
    Dot Torture, Cold, with RD is a pretty good indicator of your overall “ownership” of basics.
    We usually start a Drills Session with it, in spite of the grumbling.

(“ALL of you can shoot close and quick fairly well. We are here to work on your weak areas, what you SUCK at”.)
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    (“ALL of you can shoot close and quick fairly well. We are here to work on your weak areas, what you SUCK at”.)
    I love shooting odd/wild stuff with pistol. Long distance, One hand, Left hand, Left hand supported. The weirder the better as long as it's not a total waste of ammo.

I look at it like the skateboarders. If you learn a trick, learn it switch stance. With the dot, it's 90 percent mental. Put the dot on the target, and don't flinch the shot.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    Dot Torture, Cold, with RD is a pretty good indicator of your overall “ownership” of basics.
    We usually start a Drills Session with it, in spite of the grumbling.

Its a good tool for identifying your weaknesses, for sure. I shot it yesterday with irons at 4yds for the first time in a while, with a G44. Cold. I was not happy with my results.

Last pre-deployment trainup class I went to started off with a B8 at 25m. Basic fundamentals all day, mostly slow fire, with only a single block on recoil control. One of the best classes I’ve attended.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast