Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I haven't built an AR in nearly two years...

Feedback Score

I haven't built an AR in nearly two years...

...or purchased any new gun stuff since may of '21 . The last time I was at the range was nearly a year ago. It's not even that ammo is 30% more expensive than it was pre-covid, I could deal with that. It's everything else.

I know, we all already know, weak rant. Just miss shooting and sh*t.

Anyway, here's the last fresh build I did. Only a few mags through it. I don't think I ever posted it because it was a super basic build but really wanted a 16" Middy with an A2 stock.

Last edited by OutofBatt3ry; 11-27-22 at 05:42.

Feedback Score
    Looks like a nice reliable carbine. Sounds like it may be years before you find out?

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Without getting too personal, what is keeping you from the range? I have not been shooting as much as I planned this year, but I my wife and I are blessed to have my granddaughter spend every Saturday with us and I am happy to trade that for range time.

Andy

Feedback Score
    I have one lower left, and no need to build an AR with it. It is now a spare part. I have enough firearms. I collect spare parts and ammo now.

If you are feeling down, I highly recommend the book 10% Happier and secular meditation. Happiness is a serious business that we must consciously work on every day.
    Todd
    Colt/BCM

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    Without getting too personal, what is keeping you from the range? I have not been shooting as much as I planned this year, but I my wife and I are blessed to have my granddaughter spend every Saturday with us and I am happy to trade that for range time.

Andy
    The inflation where I'm at is nuts (highest in the country I've heard). My monthly bills went up $1500/month over the last 2 years(like a lot of ya'll). After putting cash away and 401K, there's nothing left. We're not starving by any means, but that basically deleted play money.
    Last edited by OutofBatt3ry; 11-27-22 at 09:58.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I haven't been shooting in over a year and still haven't shot my last two builds other than a function check and rough sight in at at 25 yds.
    There's a couple of things I wanted to get but I'm not even shooting the stuff I have now.
    Still buy ammo though.

Just over a year ago a nice 100 yd range was completed and we still can't get back there to use it.
    The entire area that I normally shoot in has been gated for over a year. Was supposed to re-open 10/31/22 but got pushed back till May now.
    Been on waiting lists at a couple ranges since the woods got shut down.

All other spots are about a four hour round trip and you have to deal with idiots with guns.
    Really don't like trotting out to gather plates and hangers when they start showing up, which seems to be around 10 am.

Not worth it to me, never mind the $60 in fuel.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I haven't built an AR in nearly two years...

Looks like a nice shooter to me.

AL take your GD to the range, I do and she loves it. This was several years ago.

Last edited by HKGuns; 11-27-22 at 10:04.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by OutofBatt3ry View Post
    I don't think I ever posted it because it was a super basic build but really wanted a 16" Middy with an A2 stock.

I was out early this morning patrolling my property with a 16" AR with A1 fixed stock. Its a handy size, that maneuvers and carries better than its longer brethren.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    I patrol my property wiith a Heritage 22lr. Havent shot my ARs in atleast a couple years.
    I tried to follow the science but it simply was not there. I then followed the money, thats where i found the science.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by One More Time View Post
    I haven't been shooting in over a year and still haven't shot my last two builds other than a function check and rough sight in at at 25 yds.
    There's a couple of things I wanted to get but I'm not even shooting the stuff I have now.
    Still buy ammo though.

Just over a year ago a nice 100 yd range was completed and we still can't get back there to use it.
    The entire area that I normally shoot in has been gated for over a year. Was supposed to re-open 10/31/22 but got pushed back till May now.
    Been on waiting lists at a couple ranges since the woods got shut down.

All other spots are about a four hour round trip and you have to deal with idiots with guns.
    Really don't like trotting out to gather plates and hangers when they start showing up, which seems to be around 10 am.

Not worth it to me, never mind the $60 in fuel.
    I am lucky to have a WMA (wildlife management area) range 30 minutes away thats open part of Feb through part of Nov and another 1 hour away that is open year round. I would to get a membership at a private range with more flexibility, but it is not a priority for me.

Andy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast