Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: impending new brace rule next month

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hoopharted View Post
    i agree that is the root of the overall problem , but we had things settled down and then idiots had to go poking the bear , it wasnt good enough to have the braces and shoulder them in the privacy of our own property ,but no lets show how cool we are and do ammo dumps while shouldering braces , you know , because we are all that
    On the contrary, I think all the dudes/dudettes shouldering their braces on Boobtube just showed how arbitrary the laws really are. This video is an oldie but a goodie that explains these rules:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8nfCyhOX42g
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    thats some big talk , so you are saying you are ready to run through ammo bucking the ATF so you can keep a hunk of plastic on your pistol? , screw that , people like to talk big about these things but none actually have the ball sack do any of it , dont embarrass yourself

im not going to war over a pistol brace , my sig line is a joke , i will form 1 my pistols then i can do what i want with them

is it a screwed up situation , of course , we purchased them legally following the rules that were in place , now after we spent our money they want to change the rules , but news flash its a unfair world ,im not going to prison or dying over a hunk of plastic

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    i blame all these idiots posting videos of them shouldering pistols , i mean even prominent YouTubers are guilty of it , then the Reddit and ARFCOM trash on top it was only a matter of time before the alphabet soup got mad , i watched a video on YT , guy says cant have a vertical fore grip and cant shoulder , lets go to the range and see how it shoots , then the vid pics up at the range and the first thing he does is bury it in his shoulder pocket ON THE SAME VIDEO that he said you can not do it on
    The alphabets are mad about everything trying to appease them is exactly what got us all of these retarded laws

i agree that is the root of the overall problem , but we had things settled down and then idiots had to go poking the bear , it wasnt good enough to have the braces and shoulder them in the privacy of our own property ,but no lets show how cool we are and do ammo dumps while shouldering braces , you know , because we are all that
    So we should hide something that “they” say is OK??? Again appeasement is the problem

thats some big talk , so you are saying you are ready to run through ammo bucking the ATF so you can keep a hunk of plastic on your pistol? , screw that , people like to talk big about these things but none actually have the ball sack do any of it , dont embarrass yourself

im not going to war over a pistol brace , my sig line is a joke , i will form 1 my pistols then i can do what i want with them

is it a screwed up situation , of course , we purchased them legally following the rules that were in place , now after we spent our money they want to change the rules , but news flash its a unfair world ,im not going to prison or dying over a hunk of plastic
    When it does happen…”going to war”…it’s not gonna be over what they are banning it’s gonna be over people being done with….you guessed it…appeasement
    Most probably won’t go to war over a brace but there’s gonna come a time when enough will

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)

How can you have a sarcastic sig line and not recognize sarcasm, particularly on the BLK ammo issue? LOL

Look if BATFE is handing out free sbr stamps, I’m down for two. If they expect me to spend $400 on their shenanigans, then I’m down for $400 towards shoving it up their ass in court. That’s my ammo.
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    It'd be a real shame if nobody complied.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    A tax stamp does not allow me to carry a loaded AR in my vehicle or freely move my firearm between states. SBRs look cool but a Tavor is basically the same length as my 11.3" pistol.

Andy

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    A tax stamp does not allow me to carry a loaded AR in my vehicle or freely move my firearm between states. SBRs look cool but a Tavor is basically the same length as my 11.3" pistol.

Andy
    I went that route for a little bit, until I got tired of the Tavor’s design differences and weight. Yes, you can get good with it, but it is very different when someone grows up on an AR platform.

When I qualify on M4s at work… going with an AR seems to be the logical move. Plus, I wasn’t as much of a fan of a suppressed Tavor compared to a suppressed 11.5” piston AR. Which is why the AR goes in my truck locker.

Feedback Score
    F*#K 'em.

If worried, SBR it, 16" it, or form 4999 it.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post

Andy
    Agree with the first part.
    Had a ps90 and Fs2000. Never really got comfortable with the explosion right next to my face.
    I've not read of either blowing up, but I feel better shooting something else.

I'm stuck in between disassembly and just loading the mk18 pistol in the motorhome and taking it with me. It will probably be disassembly since I'm taking another ar with me anyway.
    It's December ATF, get your oppressive bitch asses around to making your marxist announcement. King George III would be proud.

Speaking of King George:
    "King George III is most well known for being the King of England during the American Revolutionary War. Throughout his life he suffered from temporary lapses in judgment and episodes of insanity."

Sound like anybody we know?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I expect their pistol brace rule to be wrapped up in lawsuits and ultimately fail the 1791 rule set forth in the Bruen decision. However, in the meantime, barring an immediate stay of the rule, many people will be left in the situation of being in constructive possession of unregistered SBRs, unless they remove their pistol braces and carbine receiver extensions and replace them with bare pistol extensions, or install 16" barrels. Of course noncompliance is an option, and won't make any practical difference outside of not being able to use AR pistols in public for most folks.

Keeping all of this in mind, I decided to go ahead and Form 1 one of my pistols. My AR pistols have become my go-to HD weapons and I don't want to deprive myself of their use, nor be made an example of if I should have to use them defensively. I already have several registered suppressors, so adding another item to the NFA seems like a small price to pay for me to not have to worry until the AFT's infringement is nullified by the courts.

As others have clearly laid out, registering 20-40 million weapons is practically impossible. It would take YEARS at best, and would jam up the system for all other registrations as well. I'm hopeful that with the AFT's colossal screw-up of a pistol brace rule, it will lead to the removal of SBRs, SBSs, AOWs, and suppressors from the NFA once things move through the courts. Maybe even overturn the entire NFA and GCA as well.

This will take time, and the tyrants won't go down without a fight though. But when it's all said and done, I wouldn't at all be surprised to see tax stamp refunds for every single NFA item we've ever purchased.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast