Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: impending new brace rule next month

Feedback Score
    It will be surprising if this is not overturned. The brace itself is not illegal. A braced pistol is still legal as long as it’s set up and intended to use as a pistol. That’s why this won’t hold up. It’s either legal or not. They can’t have it both ways.
    Last edited by prepare; 02-05-23 at 08:28.
    You won't outvote the corruption.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by prepare View Post
    It will be surprising if this is not overturned. The brace itself is not illegal. A braced pistol is still legal as long as it’s set up and intended to use as a pistol. That’s why this won’t hold up. It’s either legal or not. They can’t have it both ways.
    Well, it is the ATF, who wrote in their new rule "all prior letters and determinations have been recinded".
    So, if you start there, there never was anything prior to the new ruling BS.

Ask it this way, the useless 3 letter red tape BS dept has been doing their BS for many decades now, why does the NFA still stand, why is there not more scotus cases against ATF?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post
    I just would caution you to not rush into the "FREE" tax stamp for a lot of different reasons.

My plan as of now is to do nothing, wait and see. If at 120 days we have not won, I will remove the braces from the pistols I have and then over time form 1 the guns as SBR. I can't bring myself to comply by taking the "FREE" stamp. First I don't trust the government to do the right thing with this and I can see them jamming people up . They have even said they will do so.

So think about it for 1 minute. You have 2 guns that is $400 worth of tax stamps, but if the government doesn't get your stuff done in time and they go enforcement on you. Your arrested for 2 counts each worth 10 years and a fine of $250K, how much money will you spend on a lawyer to try and stay out of prison?

Kind of makes 2 stamps at a total of $400 seem cheap compared to the "FREE" stamp.
    BINGO!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by glocktogo View Post
    Apparently you failed to comprehend what I plainly stated. I always had the intent to SBR two lowers. However, I held off for financial reasons. If the feebs want to let me Form 1 them for $400 less than it would’ve otherwise cost me, it would be fiscally irresponsible to pay $400 I don’t have to.

How is gaming the system to my own benefit “getting cucked” and why should I “eat a bag of cheesy dicks”? And yes, you yourself admit that mass noncompliance should be the reaction, but I don’t see you showing any courage of said convictions.

Instead of whining about how people are reacting to this flagrant abuse of power by the feds, why don’t you focus on the feds flagrant abuse of power?
    Two lower whats? Just the marked receiver? Doesn't this new scheme to database arms want you to take a pic of your configured braced-pistol for ATF to qualify for the "free" stamp?

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DwayneZ View Post
    Two lower whats? Just the marked receiver? Doesn't this new scheme to database arms want you to take a pic of your configured braced-pistol for ATF to qualify for the "free" stamp?
    No...
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by glocktogo View Post
    No...
    They want pic of the markings, "to verify the accuracy of the submission".
    I got that reply from submitting question to ATF from their eforms site.
    Maybe to x-ref to 4473 data they have illegally databased?
    But pic not required for submission.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    They want pic of the markings, "to verify the accuracy of the submission".
    I got that reply from submitting question to ATF from their eforms site.
    Maybe to x-ref to 4473 data they have illegally databased?
    But pic not required for submission.
    Correct.
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    , why does the NFA still stand, why is there not more scotus cases against ATF?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Feedback Score
    Why isn't the ATF a convenience store?
    You won't outvote the corruption.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast