Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: impending new brace rule next month

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hoopharted View Post
    i dont see it that way , i believe this , for 10 years it was agreed the brace was not to be shouldered , yet every video on Youtube reddit , forums ect showed people blatantly shouldering the brace , please do not say that is not true without proof ,they punched the bear in the D for 10 years , right wrong or indifferent the rules/laws may be they were understood , and a whole lot of people that know better posted video after video after video of themselves misusing it on the internet INTENDED for all eyes to see , so if thats not stupid ,,,

this was suppose to have yoni's post quoted
    The atf has said twice that shoulering the brace was not a violation. That's when I bought mine. Prove me wrong.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hoopharted View Post
    i dont see it that way , i believe this , for 10 years it was agreed the brace was not to be shouldered , yet every video on Youtube reddit , forums ect showed people blatantly shouldering the brace , please do not say that is not true without proof ,they punched the bear in the D for 10 years , right wrong or indifferent the rules/laws may be they were understood , and a whole lot of people that know better posted video after video after video of themselves misusing it on the internet INTENDED for all eyes to see , so if thats not stupid ,,,

this was suppose to have yoni's post quoted
    The atf has said twice that shoulering the brace was not a violation. That's when I bought mine. Prove me wrong.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    What the ATF actually said was that incidentally (i.e. by chance occurrence) shouldering a brace did not constitute reconfiguration of a pistol into a rifle.

People took that to mean that the brace could be intentionally, purposefully, and exclusively shouldered.

ATF is now "correcting" the above.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kerplode View Post
    What the ATF actually said was that incidentally (i.e. by chance occurrence) shouldering a brace did not constitute reconfiguration of a pistol into a rifle.

People took that to mean that the brace could be intentionally, purposefully, and exclusively shouldered.

ATF is now "correcting" the above.
    Not to mention every Tom, Dick and Harry idiot wrote them letters/emails "confirming" that it was OK.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    So the rule was published yesterday and is effective as of today.

Let the lawsuits begin!

Feedback Score
    I hear from ATF replies to phone calls (posts made on other sites), removing brace removes item from the new rule. That's interesting, so that means the required buffer tube rear surface is not in the "surface area" criteria?

https://www.federalregister.gov/docu...ilizing-braces

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DwayneZ View Post
    I hear from ATF replies to phone calls (posts made on other sites), removing brace removes item from the new rule. That's interesting, so that means the required buffer tube rear surface is not in the "surface area" criteria?
    Yes, if you remove the brace (and possibly also the brace attachment), then the item in question no longer falls under the purview of this ruling.

Whether or not the bare buffer tube counts as "rear surface area" depends upon its length and whether or not it is required for the function of the firearm.

6.5" bare, round, tube on a AR pistol = OK
    6.5" bare, round, tube on an AK pistol = "rear surface area" = Not OK.
    9.5" bare rifle tube on an AR pistol = "rear surface area" = Not OK.
    Last edited by kerplode; 01-31-23 at 19:33.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kerplode View Post
    Yes, if you remove the brace (and possibly also the brace attachment), then the item in question no longer falls under the purview of this ruling.

Whether or not the bare buffer tube counts as "rear surface area" depends upon its length and whether or not it is required for the function of the firearm.

6.5" bare, round, tube on a AR pistol = OK
    6.5" bare, round, tube on an AK pistol = "rear surface area" = Not OK.
    9.5" bare rifle tube on an AR pistol = "rear surface area" = Not OK.
    Does that info show up in the published rule?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Yes.

The first two are stated fairly explicitly, and the rifle tube gives the firearm LOP appropriate to a rifle, so it is categorized as such.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The government cucking by some people on this board shows that when the sh*t really hits the fan, we should be more worried about each other than any freaking anti-gun nut because they would have zero problems ratting you out while waving a 2A flag in your face and saying that it was for the greater good of the gun community. Pretty freaking pitiful. You guys (you know who you are) can go eat a bag of cheesy dicks.

Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast