Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: impending new brace rule next month

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Gone View Post
    No, the greater gun industry just did a 10-year money grab and put a whole lot of people in a place they didn't want to be.

Up until 2012 SBR's required a tax stamp and people grumbled about it and sometimes ignored it while usually understanding the risks they were exposing themselves to.

In 2012 SB Tactical sent the ATF a very specific question and received a very specific answer about using a brace as a brace. The greater gun industry intentionally misunderstood that so it could sell a more product.

In 2015 the ATF said that using a brace to shoulder a rifle was making it an SBR and was illegal. The greater gun industry intentionally misunderstood that so it could sell more product.

In 2020 the ATF said they were going to make rules that would allow the legal use of a brace in the way intended for use by someone with the inability to shoulder a rifle or shoot with two hand. The greater gun industry, and especially the alleged "experts" that are still running their mouths, just kept selling product without a care in the world and generally ignoring the concerns of it's customers and the people that placed their trust in them.

Now the rules are out, the greater gun industry made some pretty good coin, and they're still distracting people from what they did to the people impacted by this. The evidence is right there, especially in the 2015 "OPEN LETTER ON THE REDESIGN OF “STABILIZING BRACES."" so it would behoove everyone to stop listening to the idiots that got us to this point in the first place because they don't actually have your best interests in mind, they are in the business of making money and that's always been their intent, this time to the detriment of their customers.

What happened between 2011 and now? The ATF never said the NFA was eliminated, they don't have that power...the greater gun industry made everyone think that the SBR portion of the NFA was eliminated and a whole lot of money got made by them and potentially wasted by the people that trusted them.
    Your post is so devoid of truth, I have to ask is your name Joe Biden?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post
    Your post is so devoid of truth, I have to ask is your name Joe Biden?
    Excellent rebuttal.

Feedback Score

impending new brace rule next month

Quote Originally Posted by PNorris View Post
    I don’t know if this question has been answered. I have two pistols I’ve always wanted to SBR anyways. If I do the new form one for the pistols will I be able to simply switch a stock on them if they are approved?
    .gov thanks you for your compliance. Your allegiance to an illegal agency, and willingness to turn on other gun owners will be noted in your official file and used to turn on others in the future. Now get in line for your tattoo, vaccine and chip. Then you can march straight onto the cattle cars to the re education camp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ubet; 01-22-23 at 13:15.

Feedback Score
    new wrinkle ,Braden from Langley Outdoors reported from the Shot Show the ATF Deputy Director at the ATF booth was telling a GOA rep that if you file a Form 1 Application and it has not been approved by 88 days , by default you are DENIED , and immediately in non compliance

so basically they can refuse to approve or even attempt to process any/all applications and after 88 days everyone that filed a Form 1 is guilty of possession of a unregistered SBR

the trap i didnt believe they would set , i was wrong , i admit it

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    This should get interesting.......

5th Circuit in WV vs Dept of Treasury ruled that ONLY Congress can decide on taxes. So the ATF does not have the authority to "wave" the Tax established by Congress.

This is your typical ATF SH!T show........
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    i dont see it that way , i believe this , for 10 years it was agreed the brace was not to be shouldered , yet every video on Youtube reddit , forums ect showed people blatantly shouldering the brace , please do not say that is not true without proof ,they punched the bear in the D for 10 years , right wrong or indifferent the rules/laws may be they were understood , and a whole lot of people that know better posted video after video after video of themselves misusing it on the internet INTENDED for all eyes to see , so if thats not stupid ,,,

this was suppose to have yoni's post quoted
    Last edited by hoopharted; 01-22-23 at 14:06.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Corse View Post
    Neat.
    Yeah, when people pull a scam on you it's good to know that they did so they can't do it again.

But as the saying goes, you can't con an honest man.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hoopharted View Post
    new wrinkle ,Braden from Langley Outdoors reported from the Shot Show the ATF Deputy Director at the ATF booth was telling a GOA rep that if you file a Form 1 Application and it has not been approved by 88 days , by default you are DENIED , and immediately in non compliance

so basically they can refuse to approve or even attempt to process any/all applications and after 88 days everyone that filed a Form 1 is guilty of possession of a unregistered SBR

the trap i didnt believe they would set , i was wrong , i admit it
    It's 88 days after the background check is started, not when submitted...it's right there in text at the bottom of the video somewhere around the 4-minute mark.

For a "hotshot lawyer," he's weak at the "lawyer" part but very good at the salesmanship...but then again, he gets paid regardless. If your "lawyer" tells you to break the law and then says they're not telling you to break the law, get a different lawyer because he obviously doesn't have your best interests in mind.
    Last edited by Mr Gone; 01-22-23 at 14:14.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Gone View Post
    It's 88 days after the background check is started, not when submitted...it's right there in text at the bottom of the video somewhere around the 4-minute mark.

For a "hotshot lawyer," he's weak at the "lawyer" part but very good at the salesmanship...but then again, he gets paid regardless. If your "lawyer" tells you to break the law and then says they're not telling you to break the law, get a different lawyer because he obviously doesn't have your best interests in mind.
    who said Braden was a lawyer? he was just passing along what he learned at shot show , take a breath , calm down

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    The video with the GOA lawyer is on YouTube. It's pretty clear.

No need to take third hand interpretations, he was the one talking to two different ATF agents on this issue.

Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast