Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: impending new brace rule next month

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    In fact, I predict this whole thing will be a big fat nothingburger. The AFT may be tyrants, but they aren't stupid. I predict that they won't release the pistol brace rule and risk getting their legs chopped off by the courts.

You heard it here first.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    In fact, I predict this whole thing will be a big fat nothingburger. The AFT may be tyrants, but they aren't stupid. I predict that they won't release the pistol brace rule and risk getting their legs chopped off by the courts.

You heard it here first.
    Very likely.

NY did the same thing, create some BS and then pull it back before it went up the courts where it was certain to be struck down.

Student Loan Debt Forgiveness BS, is the same thing, except the context is a bit different, do something unconstitutional yet attractive to get votes, and then after the election let the courts decide, and whatever the outcome from the courts it makes no diff, the election is long gone.

It's a standard playbook tactic used time and time again.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post

You heard it here first.

Feedback Score
    How many times must we say, this is not the hill to die on as we watch 3 letter thugs take freedom from the American people.

I think I remember that the tax issue with England amounted to a less than 10% total tax on the people . What if they had said this is not the hill to die on instead of revolting?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk_Ghost View Post
    Okay, okay. Maybe you didn't "hear it here first."

I did watch that video last night after I posted what I did. What I found curious is that these attorneys didn't come up with the same rationale as I. Surprised me a bit, as I thought my rationale self-evident after it hit me. Maybe not so much...
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hoopharted View Post

i blame all these idiots posting videos of them shouldering pistols...
    That, plus every time there was even a slightly favorable ruling from ATF, there would be a flood of new "requests for interpretations" from idiots all across the land thinking they - and only they - found the next loophole that would lead to invalidating the entire GCA in an infinitesimal seam that the ATF didn't definitively close-off in their latest ruling.

I'm actually surprised it took as long as it did for ATF to say "Enough!"

MikeN

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MJN1957 View Post
    That, plus every time there was even a slightly favorable ruling from ATF, there would be a flood of new "requests for interpretations" from idiots all across the land thinking they - and only they - found the next loophole that would lead to invalidating the entire GCA in an infinitesimal seam that the ATF didn't definitively close-off in their latest ruling.

I'm actually surprised it took as long as it did for ATF to say "Enough!"

MikeN
    Why?

Serious question, why would they say “Enough!”? What skin is it off their nose? The law enacted by Congress and signed by the Executive includes definitions. Definitions don’t require interpretation the way operative clauses in the law do. They’re literally defined already.

So why would BATFE care? Unless they’re attempting to reinterpret definitions for political reasons? If so (and we know it is), then they’re picking and choosing which laws to reinterpret and selectively enforcing as a political policy. That’s not regulatory or law enforcement.

So how about we put the onus back where it belongs, on the bureaucratic overreach of a politicized federal agency. BATFE’s job is not to call balls and strikes. It’s to enforce the laws as written, no more.
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score
    Post #23 vid, good and all, but she not really have all the facts 100%. Around 10:40 does she really say "..... because we're not really lawyers......" ?

Form 4999 is not a form for "stabilizing braces". She called it that, but it's not.

4999 is a points form for "legal pistol or not" based on features of the firearm.
    Last edited by DwayneZ; 12-02-22 at 12:08.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by czgunner View Post
    It'd be a real shame if nobody complied.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    EXACTLY !!! This nonsense of "legal" one day, 'illiegal' next day is nonsense...

Feedback Score
    Today I ordered this cheap, but complete, 16” carbine length upper from PSA to convert my new 10.5” Radical Firearms AR pistol….just in case:

https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-...term=afternoon
    Last edited by Armybrat; 12-04-22 at 17:37.

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast