Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: impending new brace rule next month

Feedback Score

impending new brace rule next month

so basically my take is the 3 tier 4 point max per tier , any fail in any tier results in your once pistol is now a SBR rating system is designed to create one of 3 outcomes

1st is to force compliance to the 3 tier system which if you studied it at all will render the firearm pathetically useless , unusable in any safe manner

2nd is to force form 1 registry

3rd to force reconfiguration of the firearm to standard rifle configuration

im leaning towards form 1 my pistols

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Rok on.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hoopharted View Post
    so basically my take is the 3 tier 4 point max per tier , any fail in any tier results in your once pistol is now a SBR rating system is designed to create one of 3 outcomes

1st is to force compliance to the 3 tier system which if you studied it at all will render the firearm pathetically useless , unusable in any safe manner

2nd is to force form 1 registry

3rd to force reconfiguration of the firearm to standard rifle configuration

im leaning towards form 1 my pistols
    The fine print at the bottom of that worksheet basically says the AFT gets to determine what's an SBR regardless of the point count. So don't be surprised when any braced firearm is judged an SBR.

And don't expect your F1 to come back any time soon. I fully expect the wait time to jump to many years once everyone floods the system with forms. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the wait time exceeds 10 years after this.

Which brings us to option 4...Just ignore this shit and keep using your pistol as is.

Feedback Score
    yea , theres also rumbling that the free stamp might not happen either

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I'm pretty confident that "free stamp" was the reason the original incarnation of the brace ban was pulled then reworked to become this worksheet shit show.

I would be VERY surprised if they did any kind of free stamp this time around. I suspect it'll be more like "You have 90 days to submit your application and pay the tax or you will be in possession of an unregistered SBR" type of situation.

Guess we'll see in a couple of weeks.

Feedback Score
    i blame all these idiots posting videos of them shouldering pistols , i mean even prominent YouTubers are guilty of it , then the Reddit and ARFCOM trash on top it was only a matter of time before the alphabet soup got mad , i watched a video on YT , guy says cant have a vertical fore grip and cant shoulder , lets go to the range and see how it shoots , then the vid pics up at the range and the first thing he does is bury it in his shoulder pocket ON THE SAME VIDEO that he said you can not do it on

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    i blame all these idiots posting videos of them shouldering pistols , i mean even prominent YouTubers are guilty of it , then the Reddit and ARFCOM trash on top it was only a matter of time before the alphabet soup got mad , i watched a video on YT , guy says cant have a vertical fore grip and cant shoulder , lets go to the range and see how it shoots , then the vid pics up at the range and the first thing he does is bury it in his shoulder pocket ON THE SAME VIDEO that he said you can not do it on
    I blame government overreach and arbitrary rules.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by flenna View Post
    This. The ATF creates its own problems to stay relevant.

Feedback Score
    i agree that is the root of the overall problem , but we had things settled down and then idiots had to go poking the bear , it wasnt good enough to have the braces and shoulder them in the privacy of our own property ,but no lets show how cool we are and do ammo dumps while shouldering braces , you know , because we are all that

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    This is the way.

i agree that is the root of the overall problem , but we had things settled down and then idiots had to go poking the bear , it wasnt good enough to have the braces and shoulder them in the privacy of our own property ,but no lets show how cool we are and do ammo dumps while shouldering braces , you know , because we are all that
    This is not the way.

This seems like a perfect storm (along with 80% receivers and bump stocks) to go after BATFE and DoJ with a class action lawsuit, get an injunction in federal court to stop them, and push the 118th Congress to put them over a high hot flame for their troubles. They’re making our lives miserable so we should repay them ten fold.

To paraphrase your sig line, if you have braced pistols, then you have enough ammo to protect your braced pistols. Unless your braced pistols are 300BLK, then you may not have enough ammo yet.
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast