Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: impending new brace rule next month

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    So, if you’re an FPC Member, but have SBA3 brace, not Maxxim, I assume you’re SOL?
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    From Maxim Defense;
    Huge step forward!!!• @gunpolicy Today, Firearms Policy Coalition (FPC) released a statement on the Fifth Circuit’s Order clarifying that the Injunction Pending Appeal in Mock v. Garland applies to FPC’s members, Maxim Defense’s customers, and the individual plaintiffs’ resident family members. The order, along with other case documents, can be viewed at FPCLaw.org.
    FPC challenged ATF’s administrative rule that seeks to reclassify “braced pistols” as “short-barreled rifles.” In so doing, the rule would transform millions of peaceable people into felons overnight simply for owning a firearm that has been lawful to own for a decade, unless they either destroy their constitutionally protected property or comply with the NFA’s onerous and unconstitutional requirements.
    FPC has argued that the rule is a violation of both the U.S. Constitution and the Administrative Procedure Act because it infringes upon the fundamental and natural rights of the People. Plaintiffs sought declaratory and injunctive relief to secure their constitutionally protected right to keep and bear arms.
    Per the Fifth Circuit’s Order: "This clarification is granted essentially for the reasons concisely set forth in the May 25, 2023, Plaintiffs-Appellants’ Reply to Their Opposed Motion for Clarification of Injunction Pending Appeal. . . Plaintiffs merely request clarification on whether their reading of the term ʻPlaintiffs’ to include the customers and members whose interests Plaintiffs Maxim Defense and Firearms Policy Coalition (ʻFPC’) have represented since day one of this litigation is correct.' That reading is correct. Also as requested, the term “Plaintiffs in this case” includes the individual plaintiffs’ resident family members."
    "We're incredibly excited to report that the Fifth Circuit has clarified that our injunction covers FPC's members and Maxim Defense's customers, as we have always argued for," said Cody J. Wisniewski, Senior Attorney for Constitutional Litigation. "This relief will offer protection while we continue to fight against ATF's overreach."
    You won't outvote the corruption.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    So, if you’re an FPC Member, but have SBA3 brace, not Maxxim, I assume you’re SOL?
    I don't think so.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    Negative. If you're an FPC member, you're covered by the temporary injunction.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    ATF probably just got the FPC 600,000 new members!
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dumb Gun Collector View Post
    X $30
    You won't outvote the corruption.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ubet View Post
    So if I join fpc I don’t am immune? It extends to members who join after the ruling?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "It's official: the injunction granted in FPC's pistol brace lawsuit applies to ALL FPC MEMBERS. LET'S ****ING GO!!

All FPC Members are covered by this injunction. Join Today! If you do, you will also automatically be entered to WIN a Custom "FPC" Glock generously donated by Rhino First Arms!"

https://secure.anedot.com/firearmspo...gaw?sc=joingaw

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Unconstitutional “Rules” are unconstitutional for everyone.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dumb Gun Collector View Post
    I joined.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I did as well, + a bit more $.

Andy

Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast