Thread: Aimpoint T-2 Brightness/Runtime

Feedback Score

Aimpoint T-2 Brightness/Runtime

I have been doing quite a bit of reading on Aimpoint’s Micro T-2. Seems like around 2020 Aimpoint possibly changed some circuitry in the optic which altered the brightness settings and runtime. Specifically, I read that settings 8-12 on newer T-2’s are the only settings where the dot is visible, setting 12 is not as bright as on the earlier T-2’s and T-1’s, and battery life is shorter across all settings. Can anyone with a 2022 manufactured T-2 speak to any of this? I’m trying to decide if I should wait for T-2’s to come back in stock or look for a used T-1.

Feedback Score
    I haven’t really known battery life to be shorter. I don’t know too many folks who actually wait till their battery dies to replace it. Most folks just religiously change batteries once per year or every other year. It may not be arguably as bright as older models but it is still plenty bright. I would not get get a T-1 just because it MAY be a little brighter. When you get that bright it blooms and is unusable anyway so to me it’s a non issue.

The T-2 is better in just about every way to a T-1. I have an older T-2, newer T-2 (2021), and older T-1. The dot on the T-2 is noticeably crisper and better. Especially if you have a slight astigmatism. Hope this helps.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I just pulled out an older T1 and a T2 I recently purchased. The only difference in brightness that I noticed was on setting 8. The T1 was slightly brighter on 8 than the T2. All the other settings seemed identical. But yeah, 8 is probably too dim a setting for shooting in the daylight anyway.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by odugrad View Post
    I just pulled out an older T1 and a T2 I recently purchased. The only difference in brightness that I noticed was on setting 8. The T1 was slightly brighter on 8 than the T2. All the other settings seemed identical. But yeah, 8 is probably too dim a setting for shooting in the daylight anyway.
    Thanks for the confirmation.