Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Annealing Rifle Brass, again...

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Man! There is a huge uptick in Annealing interest lately. Guys in my office built some crazy gizmo that works good. And there's a new thread every day on Accurateshooter.

Dude was showing me the Annealeze (spelling?) for like 300 bucks. I could almost be tempted to buy that thing.
    With the scarcity and resulting cost of components, I think a lot of reloaders are going to consider annealing to extend their brass life.. I'm interested in picking one up soon.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Should by like dry cleaning. Drop off your brass and pick it up later. No sense in everyone buying their own machinery. You feel me?
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Should by like dry cleaning. Drop off your brass and pick it up later. No sense in everyone buying their own machinery. You feel me?
    Yeah, but it's the dropping off and picking up that becomes the PITA, nevermind whatever the cost would be.

I'm a happy DIYer... Example: I find it much quicker and easier (if not cheaper) to change my own oil, and I enjoy the process.

Given that an Annealeeze or an Ugly is ≈$300, it's not a huge investment in equipment. (Compare that to quality components... )

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Hey I'm happy hand annealing, so I get it. Just tossing an absurd idea out there due to the insane amount of inquries lately.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    It's not an absurd idea...

I switch and swap other specialized tools (example, scaffolding, wood splitter, etc.). It's a chance to own stuff at half-price, and I don't mind dropping off and picking up from a friend.

None of the guys that I know locally are that into reloading, though...

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bimmer View Post
    It's not an absurd idea...
    I was just amusing myself at the thought of a "one hour martinizing" sign, except for Annealing.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I seent a pic over on accurateshooter where they have a rig where you can set up a Dillon Case Feeder to run into an auto feed system for the AMP annealer. Holy Crap! You can now anneal for probably $3000 in equipment!! People are nuts.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I broke down and ordered an EP machine.
    https://www.epintegrations.com/produ...p-2-0-annealer
    My last batch of 6.8 SPC I lost a lot of brass to split shoulders. Hopefully annealing will get me a bit more life.

Feedback Score
    You can now anneal for probably $3000 in equipment!! People are nuts.
    Remember, for a lot of people, buying/having the shiny toys is itself the goal... This sounds like people buying/building $100,000 pick-ups, or $10,000 rifles, or $250,000 sports cars.

I just plunked down $289 for an Ugly Annealer.

Carl and UglyReloadingUSA.com are a bit off, but at least he's not charging me sales tax (like Bezos and Amazon would).

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bimmer View Post
    Remember, for a lot of people, buying/having the shiny toys is itself the goal... This sounds like people buying/building $100,000 pick-ups, or $10,000 rifles, or $250,000 sports cars.

Or BMW's

If the goal is to just get the brass back to it's soft self to increase longevity, any old annealer will do. Those that want ultra consistent neck tension, may want to have an annealing device that can assist in doing that for them.
    "The sword is more important than the shield, and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental." John Steinbeck

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast