Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: CDC says Firearms are the Leading Cause of Death for Children

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by prepare View Post
    The next pandemic...complete with executive orders and emergency authorization powers...for the children.
    That would be the *last* pandemic.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckman View Post
    There's a link to a CDC reference at the end: https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/nejmc2201761
    I’ll read that tonight. Shit like this is why I cancelled NEJM after the Pulse shooting. Lack of basic fact-checking doesn’t help the credibility of a peer-reviewed scientific journal.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    I’ll read that tonight. Shit like this is why I cancelled NEJM after the Pulse shooting. Lack of basic fact-checking doesn’t help the credibility of a peer-reviewed scientific journal.
    I completely agree. The CDC has lost all credibility, and their unchallenged manipulation of data (i.e., statistics) allows them to lead every public health argument the administration wants to enforce.

And the NEJM? Yeah, them and the AMA went full retard years ago.

Feedback Score
    Is that 62,500, or 625,000? Either would be a significant number for the <1 age range (which they exclude).
    600,000+, but the most useful number is the third trimester when the babies are viable. They admit to around1%. So something like 6,000 to 10,000 viable babies- kids- killed.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I completely agree. The CDC has lost all credibility, and their unchallenged manipulation of data (i.e., statistics) allows them to lead every public health argument the administration wants to enforce.

And the NEJM? Yeah, them and the AMA went full retard years ago.
    ^^This^^ Why would you expect them to say differently? They are part and parcel of the Deep State who exist solely to limit your freedom.

LETS GO CDC

Feedback Score
    There's a link to a CDC reference at the end: https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/nejmc2201761
    Yep, racist guns…

https://www.nejm.org/doi/suppl/10.10...1_appendix.pdf
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Nuking 6 or 7 zip codes would fix the problem, now how about that fentanyl stuff?
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    Thanks for that link. That chart speaks volumes.

I try not to see things solely from my own perspective. I readily admit that guns are dangerous and deadly tools. Sometimes those tools are used by terrible people to harm the innocent. Sometimes they are used to commit suicide. Sometimes they are involved in accidental injury and death. Sometimes they are used by good people to prevent or stop harm. But they are by far most often used by law abiding citizens committing no crime and causing no death or injury to people. Hunting and target shooting, etc.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    If one reads that one, I'm not clear what the issue is with that LTE itself per se. We know the AMA, CDC, etc, will only publish one side of the story, and will never look at it as they should, the negative use of guns + the beneficial use of guns = net effect of guns ad well as Constitutional realities. That's what Lott and other economists had done, and it makes for a very different story. That's why they despise Lott and others. However, I don't see any problems with that write up on its face. It's how people use that which matters. We know a major % of those numbers are teens boy gang bangers killing each other, and criminals gonna criminal. They admit it coincides with covid, and I agree with all of that:

"Regardless, the increasing firearm-related mortality reflects a longer-term trend and shows that we continue to fail to protect our youth from a preventable cause of death. Generational investments are being made in the prevention of firearm violence, including new funding opportunities from the CDC and the National Institutes of Health, and funding for the prevention of community violence has been proposed in federal infrastructure legislation. This funding momentum must be maintained."

Were we'd disagree no doubt is to how to achieve it, and where/how the $ should be thrown in the toilet, err, I mean spent, but I don't disagree with the basic concepts. To give them credit, they didn't even mention passing yet more gun laws as a way to reduce mortality from firearms and hint at more community based efforts which I'd agree with.

Considering the source, not all that bad.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by OutofBatt3ry View Post
    I don't believe this stat...not for a second, even if you count all the 14-17yo assholes shooting each other in the nice parts of town.
    You should always supply a source with such a claim/thread.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast