Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just ordered a BCM upper, lower suggestions?

Feedback Score

Just ordered a BCM upper, lower suggestions?

I just ordered a BCM upper from Primary Arms and pretty soon I will either order a lower or put one together. BCM? Aero? Different stripped lower with BCM parts? Parts other than BCM? Opinions?

My story: I went with a lightweight (ELW) for a few reasons. Old, Rhumatoid Arthritis, have cracked both shoulders, left wrist and elbow through the years so less strength and getting worn out. Sold my 7 plus pounds ar to my step son.

Got the BCM-URG-MID-16-BFH-ELW-MCMR-15 for 683.45 otd (disabled veteran tax exempt) which I believe to be a good price so I decided to jump before it went oos and before asking opinions.

https://www.primaryarms.com/bcm-16in...fh-elw-mcmr-15
    DAV Life Member
    NRA Life Member

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Toltepequeño View Post
    I just ordered a BCM upper from Primary Arms and pretty soon I will either order a lower or put one together. BCM? Aero? Different stripped lower with BCM parts? Parts other than BCM? Opinions?

My story: I went with a lightweight (ELW) for a few reasons. Old, Rhumatoid Arthritis, have cracked both shoulders, left wrist and elbow through the years so less strength and getting worn out. Sold my 7 plus pounds ar to my step son.

Got the BCM-URG-MID-16-BFH-ELW-MCMR-15 for 683.45 otd (disabled veteran tax exempt) which I believe to be a good price so I decided to jump before it went oos and before asking opinions.

https://www.primaryarms.com/bcm-16in...fh-elw-mcmr-15
    It’s your choice. If a complete BCM lower meets your needs then go for it. I have them, but I modify them to my liking. Hence, for me it is a waste of money because I change the trigger, stock and bolt catch.

I recommend SOLGW complete and semi complete lowers as well as sionics. I have both. Frankly, I prefer to build from a stripped lower. My build is pretty consistent.

LPK: SOLGW or sionics builder kit
    Stock: magpul SLS
    Grip: modified BCM
    Trigger: g SLE Or SLC
    Trigger guard: BCM or magpul
    Bolt catch: FCD
    RE: BCM or SOLGW or sionics carbine tube with H buffer. ( I have 4 A5’s but prefer carbine)
    FCD CASTLE nut and QD plate.
    YMMV

Cheers, Steve

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Give SIONIC a call and see if the still do their gutless lowers, then add the parts of choice.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Can't go wrong with BCM. That said I have two LMT lowers; one vintage 2010 the other 2019. The 2019 lower is not tolerant of 1st gen Magpull magazines. Both are their basic Defender 2000 models. Both are boringly good.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Im too OCD, I would have to go with BCM to match the upper.
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    If I was in the market for a solid lower I would go with the SOLGW/FCD lower - https://ar15discounts.com/products/f...ower-receiver/
    nawai

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Anderson for sure

Feedback Score
    Thank you for the replies.

I appreciate the parts list and the other recommended brands, I will be investigating them all.
    DAV Life Member
    NRA Life Member

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Ignoring the comical posts, any of the brands mentioned in the countless threads recommending lowers would be solid options.

Find one in stock, preferably on sale, and buy it.

….or go back in time and buy a few of the Colt lowers that Brownells was selling for $250.

Feedback Score
    Thanks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast