Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: New B5 stock on my G - Super duty precision AR

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Shot my gun with this stock and its next level nice IMHO. I really think many SPR type rifles would find this stock very helpful. I did.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    This stock is way more subdued in person. The pics make it look a little "much", but the gun was sitting on the table, and I didn't even notice it.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    Shot my gun with this stock and its next level nice IMHO. I really think many SPR type rifles would find this stock very helpful. I did.

PB
    Thanks PB. Going to look into this one for an up coming project.
    “I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Is it just me or does B5 have an answer for every piece of LMT furniture? Of course, there are the SOPMOD and Bravo stocks, then this one seems like a direct competitor to the LMT DMR stock:

DMR.jpg

LMT sells two versions; one flush with carbine length extensions and one for AR10/A5 extensions. The shorter stock will lock up to the longer extensions but leave a gap. B5 sells three lengths of their precision stock; short, medium and long. Not sure if that's just length of pull or if one of them fully seats on AR10/A5 extension.

Considering the price of the LMT stock, the B5 seems like a great value. Does anyone have experience comparing the two?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    Stick, do you get an early prototype? If you look at our pictures, your cheek riser looks like it has one more layer under the riser. Might be an illusion. Of course your pic is 10X’s better than mine. Do you know if your is AR size, med or large?

Let us know your thoughts.

Yea I got mine from PA weekend sale. Just got lucky. Based on others responses, it wouldn’t suck to have a spare to pop on other AR’s if I’m too lazy or don’t have my g gun with me.

PB
    Not Stick, but the piece you're referring to in his picture is actually an added piece that B5 sells. Appropriately called the "Cheekpiece" and sold for $20 for an additional 3/8" rise and some horizontal adjustment. Comes in 2 colors.

Read about it here: https://b5systems.com/cheekpiece/
    Last edited by georgeib; 12-06-22 at 15:25.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Looks awesome. Now I want one

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    Not Stick, but the piece you're referring to in his picture is actually an added piece that B5 sells. Appropriately called the "Cheekpiece" and sold for $20 for an additional 3/8" rise and some horizontal adjustment. Comes in 2 colors.

Read about it here: https://b5systems.com/cheekpiece/
    Thanks for the info, much appreciated.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Any updates on these? I’ve got an SPR-ish build thats slowly coming together.

I, too am a bit confused about the three sizes. I know the SR-25 has a shorter cheekpeice to work with the longer charging handle.

Edit, I looked a little closer at the pics on the website. On the long version, it looks like the cheekpeice is slid forward a bit vs the medium. They say its optimized for side folders and side chargers. So, its a charging handle clearance and LOP thing, and medium is what most of us would need with conventional 5.56 setups.
    Last edited by 1168; 12-15-22 at 14:20.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    Any updates on these? I’ve got an SPR-ish build thats slowly coming together.

I, too am a bit confused about the three sizes. I know the SR-25 has a shorter cheekpeice to work with the longer charging handle.

Edit, I looked a little closer at the pics on the website. On the long version, it looks like the cheekpeice is slid forward a bit vs the medium. They say its optimized for side folders and side chargers. So, its a charging handle clearance and LOP thing, and medium is what most of us would need with conventional 5.56 setups.
    Hmm, looking at the URL address, the short says AR10 and the medium says AR15.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    yes, get the small for an AR15

I stand behind my initial enthusiasm thatches stock is very nice for a SPRish build.

PB

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234