Thread: RESOLVED - Dark Star Gear Warranty Issue

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

RESOLVED - Dark Star Gear Warranty Issue

ETA: Resolved - per DSG staff, Black Friday chaos and shipping issues.

Just checking to see if anyone else here has ever had to get a warranty replacement holster from Dark Star Gear, and what your experience was like.

I have a DSG Hitchhiker holster for a G48 that is about 3.5-ish years old. Back in September I noticed that the kydex was cracked in the area of the trigger guard where the dark wing attaches. This affected the retention significantly to the point of being dangerous and I had to take the holster out of use. Upon noticing this issue I took photographs of the holster damage and emailed them to DSG, asking whether or not this would be covered under their warranty - the damage, as far as I can tell, is only the result of nearly daily wear, and not from any type of abuse or mistreatment on my part. This was on September 26. Tom at DSG very quickly responded to my email and the pictures and said that it was covered under warranty and to give them a little bit for them to set up a warranty order.

Two days later I hadn't heard anything more so I sent a follow up email just to check the status of the warranty order (I wasn't expecting a new holster in two days' time) but didn't hear anything back.

On October 4 I called, left a voicemail, and received a text back letting me know that my order was in the queue. I thanked them for their response and awaited further comms once there was any new info.

On November 21, nearly two months after my initial email to them, I sent another message to them, asking them if my warranty request was still being processed or if I had fallen through the cracks. (At the time of this email their website listed a lead time of 2-5 weeks for new orders, so I figured nearly 8 weeks was rather an unusual amount of time to process this request.) I again received a prompt response from Tom letting me know that it had slipped through the cracks but that the holster was ready. He then asked me to confirm that my contact/mailing info was still the same, which I informed him that it was. I never heard back after this, and have not received a replacement holster.

On November 29 I again sent another message just following up and letting them know that my shipping/contact info was still the same, and as of this time I have still not received any response.

All of my communication with them has been courteous and respectful - on both sides - and I don't believe I've come across as pushy at all, I've merely asked to be kept in the loop and given updates. I've even asked if there was anything else they needed on my part, or if they wanted me to ship the damaged holster back to them, etc.

Has anyone else here experienced any similar issues with DSG, or does anyone know if they are having issues going on behind the scenes that may cause these types of delays in service and communication?

I have no hard feelings towards them and love their holsters (I recommend them to anyone I know looking for a serious AIWB holster), but I'm starting to get a little bit frustrated with how this whole process has gone.
    Last edited by Bogart; 12-19-22 at 19:19.