Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: New Colt LE6920 16" barrel

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    Why is this a thing? Does your rifle cycle rounds like a machine? Yes or No?? Something tells me the answer is yes. It’s an M4, not an heirloom piece.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    In this video you can see the dremel monkey feed ramps at 2:25 of the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xfwf47Q9fZc&t=113s
    Last edited by the AR-15 Junkie; 02-15-23 at 06:50.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 17K View Post
    I think it’s dependent on who made the barrel, what tool they used, and who did it/what angle the tool was stuck in there. Some of them are touched with a polishing bit, some are touched with what appears to be an abrasive bit. The ones people complain about are the ones that are more visible.

I have four Colt barrels, all have it. I’ve been looking at Colt barrels for 20 years, they all have it to varying degrees.
    You just got shown a damn Colt barrel without that shit and you still want to insist 'they all have it'?

You are indeed clueless here.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DG23 View Post
    You just got shown a damn Colt barrel without that shit and you still want to insist 'they all have it'?

You are indeed clueless here.

Real Colt barrels have it. You probably have some subcontractor bullshit. What’s the manufacturer’s stamp on it?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I almost regret contributing to this nonsense, but sometime last year I checked a couple Colt upper assemblies during a previous iteration of this conversation. One was a Colt and it has light alterations. Another is a Rosco, and it also has light alterations.

I own 4 Colt upper assemblies, all purchased between 2017 and now. All of them have moderately altered feed ramps.

I see no reason for the ramps to be altered, but it doesn't seem to have any effect on function, so I ignore it....and so should everyone else.

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzman View Post
    I almost regret contributing to this nonsense, but sometime last year I checked a couple Colt upper assemblies during a previous iteration of this conversation. One was a Colt and it has light alterations. Another is a Rosco, and it also has light alterations.

I own 4 Colt upper assemblies, all purchased between 2017 and now. All of them have moderately altered feed ramps.

I see no reason for the ramps to be altered, but it doesn't seem to have any effect on function, so I ignore it....and so should everyone else.
    Like I said, if the rifle chews up and spit out rounds like it’s supposed to, who cares what the feed ramps look like.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzman View Post
    I'm late to the sissy fights over this. So I still need time to pick which side I want to throw tantrums.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    It's not a perfect world, choose your trauma wisely.
    Last edited by Uncas47; 02-15-23 at 14:05.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I'm late to the sissy fights over this. So I still need time to pick which side I want to throw tantrums.
    You ever heard of an unreliable 6920 or 6921?

Maybe everyone should grind their feedramps…

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456