Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I dislike late people.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

I dislike late people.

I really dislike when people are late for a meeting of any kind. I take it personally. I'm always on time, and if I'm not, it's due something serious. Not on time = I'm not a priority that had you plan your day/time. I know very busy wealthy people/friends who are always on time when we meet, and some ding bats who are late for simple stuff, and I have no patience for it. I will wait 15 mins max, then will not answer phone, leave the place, etc if they have not at least pinged me via text etc as to being late. You?
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Completely hate it. It's funny. Every weekend when we shoot, we set the time which means I'll be there 15 min early, and our other buddy will be there 20-30 min early.

Lateness isn't in my make up.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    I work on call. Being late is a reality sometimes due to circumstances.

Want me to be on time every time? Then give me a set schedule, otherwise **** right off. If my employer clearly doesn’t respect my time, I have little motivation to respect theirs. I have 1.5 hours from my call time to report to work, it’s not my fault they call me too late quite often.
    Last edited by Coal Dragger; 12-01-22 at 13:43.

Feedback Score
    I was always told, if your ontime, your late.

I am always at least 15 mins early for anything.

Feedback Score
    Guessing someone stood Will up today.

If you are late it tells me it didn't matter to you. Outside of special circumstance of course, and calling someone in off of their own time being a special circumstance.

I'm not a fan of being "exactly on time" either. Like the guys who arrive "on time" but then need a few extra minutes to prepare or use the can or whatever. I call em "6:59s". As in at 6:59 they are screeching to a halt to make a 7:00 start. If they are in place ready to go at 7 there's nothing I can say, but those folks get less understanding from me when they are late than the folks that are usually comfortably early.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by robbins290 View Post
    I was always told, if your ontime, your late.

I am always at least 15 mins early for anything.
    No, if you are 15 minutes early you are, wait for it, 15 minutes early.

The imaginary time device you folks use doesn't effect me.
    If you say be there at 6:00 then get your panties in a bind if I'm not 15 minutes early, you have issues to deal with.

Feedback Score
    For some it seems like a psychological trait that can't be changed. Pisses me off, but I try to think of them as defective rather than nefarious. It does seem extremely selfish when it's every time.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I try never to be late for things I deem important. But I do have a bad habit of Task saturating myself and barely making it to stuff on time, like airports. That said, I loathe the “if you’re not early you’re late” mentality, especially in the military. Showing up at 0600 for an 0700 formation drives me nuts. Sometimes I can’t help but wonder if people who are chronically early for work meetings just don’t have enough going on.
    OEF / OIR / OFS

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TBAR_94 View Post
    especially in the military. Showing up at 0600 for an 0700 formation drives me nuts.
    Hurry up and wait?

The other stupid thing that's silly but drives me insane is slobs who leave cook time on the microwave and walk away. Happens at work and at home. Reason #87 I root for the mass shooter.
    Last edited by markm; 12-01-22 at 15:51.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Yea, one guy showed up late for our shoot, wearing crocks then needed to stop for gas. He has asked me 10X’s to shoot again but it’s never a good weekend. Strike 3.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast