Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I dislike late people.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by .45fan View Post
    No, if you are 15 minutes early you are, wait for it, 15 minutes early.

The imaginary time device you folks use doesn't effect me.
    If you say be there at 6:00 then get your panties in a bind if I'm not 15 minutes early, you have issues to deal with.
    https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...rds-or-phrases

I probably have some issues…

Good day, sir.
    Yet it is not our part to master all the tides of the world, but to do what is in us for the succor of those years wherein we are set, uprooting the evil in the fields that we know, so that those who live after may have clean earth to till.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    How long until you're done? If my life was like that I'd find something new, but I get sticking around for retirement. I operate in an entirely different world of management/employee relationships. I wake up every day grateful that the men and women that work for me find it important enough to show up every day and produce. I reciprocate by not being a petty, micromanaging pain in the ass. I can't recall the last time I called someone to cover for an emergency. Shit, they usually notice the problem and work out who's going to cover it long before I get the phone call.
    16 more years.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    When I first joined the Military 15 minutes early was the standard.
    Yes you may stand around for 15 minutes waiting for something to happen, but you could also use that time,
    To smoke a ciggerette, drink a half a cup of coffee and figure out what's going to happen and how you'll deal with it that day.
    If you used that time to game plan things you're usually way ahead of the game.

Feedback Score
    In my world, on time is late.

Dated a girl that was chronically late, we no longer see each other.

Feedback Score
    Arrival time 5-10 minutes before expected meeting to set up laptop/ notes whatever, then meet begins on time, and doors close. Running late ? if you did not call, don't bother showing up. My business, my rules.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    16 more years.
    Dude. I hope it gets better for you. I mean that seriously. I've always enjoyed your posts and viewpoints.

Feedback Score
    I love my coworkers, I just have no love at all for our employer anymore.

I didn’t want to end up this way, but damned if the BNSF Railway hasn’t done everything in their power to make every last one of us hate every member of the C suite.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SteyrAUG View Post
    Did he still get hired?
    It was in Africa, and it was early in my career and I had a lot to learn. I was the first member of the team in country, so I told the rest of us to bring some good cheap watches with them.

When they arrived, I then called a meeting of indig staff. I had them all sign a document that first told them when they need to be at a meeting, it meant within a 15 minute window. If they got caught in traffic they needed to call, 1 stuck in traffic was allowed every 2 weeks. If they were later than 15 the first time was a written reprimand, the second time in a 3 month period it was a week without pay. The document was also an acknowledgement of getting the watch.

NOBODY really read the document, they all were so excited about the watches. A few days later the first write up for being late. The following week the same person was also late. Come payday he cried at losing a week of pay, I mean tears down the face. How will my family eat?

I told him every day during the time he had less cash I would send him home with a little rice. His family had rice and that was it.

NOBODY was ever late again.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post
    It was in Africa, and it was early in my career and I had a lot to learn. I was the first member of the team in country, so I told the rest of us to bring some good cheap watches with them.

When they arrived, I then called a meeting of indig staff. I had them all sign a document that first told them when they need to be at a meeting, it meant within a 15 minute window. If they got caught in traffic they needed to call, 1 stuck in traffic was allowed every 2 weeks. If they were later than 15 the first time was a written reprimand, the second time in a 3 month period it was a week without pay. The document was also an acknowledgement of getting the watch.

NOBODY really read the document, they all were so excited about the watches. A few days later the first write up for being late. The following week the same person was also late. Come payday he cried at losing a week of pay, I mean tears down the face. How will my family eat?

I told him every day during the time he had less cash I would send him home with a little rice. His family had rice and that was it.

NOBODY was ever late again.
    I don't know why, maybe my bent shit can lid personality, but I think this story is one of the best things I have read in quite some time.

I was always taught that if you're early, you're on time. If you're on time, you're late. i.e. use the backward planning principle, add in a little fudge room for unforeseen events, and you'll almost never be late.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by fedupflyer View Post
    In my world, on time is late.

Dated a girl that was chronically late, we no longer see each other.
    When her period was late, you bailed!!!
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast