Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: I dislike late people.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    As an employer I can't stand it. Our employee handbook says that you must be at your station and ready to work at your scheduled time. It also says that we will pay up to 15 min. of overtime if you get there early. Some folks care, some folks don't. The folks that care usually make another $1500 a year or more.

So does ours BUT the time clock is in the main office as is the key locker. Your key card can't open the key locker until you clock in. You cannot clock in earlier than 7 minutes prior to the start of your shift. You see where this is going?
    "It appears that the murder rate inside prisons is ten times higher than that outside prisons. It must be due to all those Kalashnikov rifles that are issued to prisoners upon their incarceration."
    Jeff Cooper

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    I abhor lateness. But sometimes shi* happens; I get it. A flat tire....traffic....whatever. If it happens once, it's a one-off and all is forgiven. Twice is a coincidence, three times is a pattern.

Time is valuable. My time. YOUR time. If you have a pattern of being late, it tells me you do not respect me or my time; and in the context of work, it tells me you over value your time.

When I worked shift work (EMS or nursing), I always arrived 15 minutes early, got my coffee, readied my mind, read the applicable notes, and was ready at shift change. God help you if the charge nurse or EMS supe told me "hey, your relief is running late...." After 12 hours (or 24, depending on job) I wanted to go home.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Idgaf. In my line of work, we get pulled in 100 different directions constantly.

Plus, too many people make too many meetings to justify their position. Idc if Im late to or miss one of their meetings.

Feedback Score

I wear that to family gatherings.

With that being said, it pisses me off when people are late for important stuff.
    Last edited by OutofBatt3ry; 12-02-22 at 18:51.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JDH1 View Post
    So does ours BUT the time clock is in the main office as is the key locker. Your key card can't open the key locker until you clock in. You cannot clock in earlier than 7 minutes prior to the start of your shift. You see where this is going?
    I thank god I am self employed. I got to the job today when I felt like it and left when I felt like calling it a day. The only time I did happen to look at the time on my phone today was when I thought it might be about noon as that is about when I like to normally let the dogs out on a piss break.

Have not seen a time clock or had to wear a watch in a crap ton of years. No plans to start messing around with any of that garbage in the future either...

A lot of you guys have no idea what freedom really is.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Self employed here too. Show up when I can/want. Leave when the job is done. Go to lunch whenever, take as long as I need.

I don’t think I could be 100% effective if I had to schedule things like starting my day in the morning. I usually have standing agreements with clients to be in before noon on a given day. Small retail customers are planned and I try to get to those on time, but if they care about someone 5 minutes late, there’s no one in my area to do what I do as well as I do.

When I feel like working, I do my best work. If I don’t, I wait until I feel like it. And this year has been the largest increase in both skill and revenue by large margins.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cokie View Post
    Small retail customers are planned and I try to get to those on time, but if they care about someone 5 minutes late, there’s no one in my area to do what I do as well as I do.
    Some day, some dude almost as good as you is going to show up on time. Just sayin'.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234