Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Abrams X MBT

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Abrams X MBT

I don't care if MBT's are look more and more outdated for modern wars, we need those!

- Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    I don’t think MBT’s are outdated.

I think the Russians just don’t know how to do combined arms worth a shit. If you can’t support your armor with dismounted infantry to keep enemy ATGM’s suppressed, and then drive your tanks right down the middle of a road where it’s easy to predict your location… you are gonna get some turrets popped off.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I dunno, I was on tanks like 35 years. All of that looks like an answer for a question nobody asked.
    I'm pretty highly critical at this point.

Feedback Score
    For the cost of one B-21 ($700 million) they could upgrade a lot of Abrams.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slater View Post
    For the cost of one B-21 ($700 million) they could upgrade a lot of Abrams.
    Well, they don't seem to use the money very well.
    For instance, the CROWS system to fire the M2 was always faulty, costly and was a major weakness. So much so one US Division Commander asked that he be allowed to go back to the old M2 mount. How did the Army react to that? They put Crows on nearly all of their STRYKERS.
    When you're moving forward in a tank you really want to do a lot of recon by fire, that makes sense. So why reduce the number of rounds available to do so by monkeying around further with a failed system?

Feedback Score
    A good friend of mine works for General Dynamics teaching the latest greatest CROWS.

He claims it is a significant improvement over the older ones he used when he was in 1st Tank Battalion before retiring.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    A good friend of mine works for General Dynamics teaching the latest greatest CROWS.

He claims it is a significant improvement over the older ones he used when he was in 1st Tank Battalion before retiring.
    The major problem with the CROWS us putting it correctly in travel mode along with it being a pita to work on, it's just too delicate for tanks.

Feedback Score
    meticulously Built Tank
    I tried to follow the science but it simply was not there. I then followed the money, thats where i found the science.

Feedback Score
    I wonder how many thousands of these tank killer drones China is producing?
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    I don’t think MBT’s are outdated.

I think the Russians just don’t know how to do combined arms worth a shit. If you can’t support your armor with dismounted infantry to keep enemy ATGM’s suppressed, and then drive your tanks right down the middle of a road where it’s easy to predict your location… you are gonna get some turrets popped off.
    The demise of the MBT has been a topic well before Ukraine. Can't use the Russians as a reason/example of MBTs are outdated.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast