Thread: Doing a Lantac sc build, I have a few questions.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Doing a Lantac sc build, I have a few questions.

Long story short, I have a Lantac sc upper, but could not get the matching bcg. The only side charging bcg I could find that’s compatible is a BCA, so I am changing some stuff before it goes together.
    I am ordering a BCM bolt, and gas key(BCA is not chrome lined), what else should I change out? I have the Brownell’s staking tool, permatex aviation sealant, and a fat wrench.
    Build: Lantac sc upper
    Ballistic Advantage premium series barrel
    Smith Vortex fh
    Aero Atlas R1 15”
    BCA bcg with BCM bolt and key
    5D
    Aero buffer tube
    Magpul furniture
    Rise trigger

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by camoman View Post
    Long story short, I have a Lantac sc upper, but could not get the matching bcg. The only side charging bcg I could find that’s compatible is a BCA, so I am changing some stuff before it goes together.
    I am ordering a BCM bolt, and gas key(BCA is not chrome lined), what else should I change out? I have the Brownell’s staking tool, permatex aviation sealant, and a fat wrench.
    Build: Lantac sc upper
    Ballistic Advantage premium series barrel
    Smith Vortex fh
    Aero Atlas R1 15”
    BCA bcg with BCM bolt and key
    5D
    Aero buffer tube
    Magpul furniture
    Rise trigger
    I have a couple of SCs. Both for left-hand shooting. One is "conventional" (Gibbz) and the other "bizarre" (DPMS). I don't understand the highlighted bold txt. Are you saying due to the bcg change you are required to perform modifications for fitment / function? Thanks.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bamashooter View Post
    I have a couple of SCs. Both for left-hand shooting. One is "conventional" (Gibbz) and the other "bizarre" (DPMS). I don't understand the highlighted bold txt. Are you saying due to the bcg change you are required to perform modifications for fitment / function? Thanks.
    No, the reason for the modification is Bear Creek Arsenal uses very cheap parts, that I don’t trust to be reliable.
    Since the bolt, is one of the most critical parts…I decided it will be upgraded to a much better bolt before I even test fire the weapon.
    The gas key, my reasoning behind that upgrade is again reliability. The key don’t look staked very deep, and the Bravo Company key is chrome lined…where the Bear Creek key is not. Chrome lining not only adds durability, it also makes the key much easier to clean.