Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PSA KS47 Gen 2

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by m4brian View Post
    You are in the ballpark of a Galil or a PTR - seems excessively heavy. What model is this?
    That was with a 22oz Elcan, A1 stock and a loaded steel mag which weighs about 2 pounds. I have changed out the Elcan for a PA micro 3x but the A1 stock is staying.

Mine is a 16” with the 14” light weight handguard. It’s well balanced, the barrel profile is similar to a socom profile without all of the cuts. One of my favorite rifles to shoot. Also parts are cheap from psa, barrels extractors bolts etc.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Ok. I thought you were saying the KS 47 was too heavy. My mistake.

Can you shoot in the prone reliably? Just saw a Klayco video and he ran into a problem in the prone with his KS 47. Of course he was running a Bakelite.

PSA says it tests with all types but I believe most all manufacturers have built around the pmag.

Feedback Score
    With the weight of a loaded mag you really have to be careful of weight. I have mostly chicom and Eastern European mags that I bought in the 90’s that work really well. I recently bought some Bulgarian steel and polymer mags that work well except for the 5&10 round mags. The only 30 rd mags that haven’t worked for me are the $5 unity mags. They fall out, the rear lug needs filed or ground down some to work. I have not tried the pmags. Shooting prone and using the mag as a monopod works well no problem.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pikey View Post
    With the weight of a loaded mag you really have to be careful of weight. I have mostly chicom and Eastern European mags that I bought in the 90’s that work really well. I recently bought some Bulgarian steel and polymer mags that work well except for the 5&10 round mags. The only 30 rd mags that haven’t worked for me are the $5 unity mags. They fall out, the rear lug needs filed or ground down some to work. I have not tried the pmags. Shooting prone and using the mag as a monopod works well no problem.
    I mostly use PMAGS and I’ve had a couple that needed to be “fitted” to lock
    In well. Its pretty easy with a dremmel tool.

I prefer the 20 round PMAGS for both size and weight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12