Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PSA KS47 Gen 2

Feedback Score

PSA KS47 Gen 2

Anybody with some long-term experience with this firearm? Been hearing a lot of good things...and a few not so great

Feedback Score
    For the price, I been debating the gamble, There CS is top notch, so if there is an issue, they would fix it.

Feedback Score
    I haven't had any ownership experience, but I have shot a 10.5 inch pistol version a few times. Its a great shooter, everything being equal , more accurate in my hands than any AK I have ever shot, even more accurate than my VEPR. As far as long term, I have seen great reviews for the most part off the gen2 version, no real-world owner though. I have one coming in next week. I'll put a few hundred rounds down it after I put in an adjustable gas block.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by robbins290 View Post
    For the price, I been debating the gamble, There CS is top notch, so if there is an issue, they would fix it.
    In my experiences with them I would agree that the CS is top notch and will 'take care of you' but on stuff they built you have a much higher likelihood of 'needing' that CS than you would from elsewhere.

Feedback Score
    I haven't bought a complete rifle or pistol from PSA...although i have bought complete upper and lowers. The lowers have been 100% reliable. The uppers, I have always checked the torque on the barrel, changed out gas blocks...after my subsequent QC, I have never had a problem with their products. I have heard of unsecured gas tubes and misaligned gas blocks though

Feedback Score
    I have a KS47 that I love to shoot. I have almost 2,000 rounds through it. I bought it as an upper and lower, fit and finish was excellent. The first case that I shot through it was Wolf and I was getting just under 2” five round groups at 100 yards off a bench with a 4x ACOG. 10 round groups opened up to about 2 1/4” the same as 5rnd groups with iron sights. I am able to hit an eight inch gong at 300 yards holding top of target using the 400 yard hold. I have hit full size steel at 500 yards but not constantly, I never figured out my holds. The second case is Barnel and the results have been about the same.

That’s the good the bad was that I was having a lot of trouble with extraction. I sent the upper back to PSA, they kept it for 7 months. They fired 10 rounds through it said that it worked fine and sent it back. I bought it early 2021 and sent it back late spring 2021. I hear that things have gotten better with PSA since then. The are not so backed up now?

Back to the good. I replaced the extractor with a Rock River Arms and it has been flawless. I think that PSA knew about the problem with extraction because they have recently come out with an upgraded extractor. I changed the RRA out with PSA upgraded extractor and it run really well.

One of the things that I didn’t like was the way PSA set up the collapsible stock using a 308 spring. I replaced it with an A1 stock with a Wolf extra power spring and it shoots much smoother and doesn’t pull out my facial hair. I recently bought another KS47 16” barrel that I’m going to have cut to 14” with a Surefire warcomp pinned and welded and also have the gas block pinned. That should make it a little more compact. My biggest complaint being the weight, about 12 pounds loaded. With an A1 stock, an Elcan and loaded 30 round mag the weight adds up fast.

Feedback Score
    Double Tap
    Last edited by Pikey; 12-30-22 at 18:32.

Feedback Score
    I've had one of their PSAK47 complete rifles since late 2018. I'm not a big AK guy, so i don't shoot it very often, but i've put maybe 1,200 rounds through it. It's run perfect so far, but i can't say i've abused it like the ARs i own, so not sure if my example is very helpful.

I have put many thousands of rounds through one of the PSA AKV9s though, and that is a fun gun!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pikey View Post
    I have a KS47 that I love to shoot. I have almost 2,000 rounds through it. I bought it as an upper and lower, fit and finish was excellent. The first case that I shot through it was Wolf and I was getting just under 2” five round groups at 100 yards off a bench with a 4x ACOG. 10 round groups opened up to about 2 1/4” the same as 5rnd groups with iron sights. I am able to hit an eight inch gong at 300 yards holding top of target using the 400 yard hold. I have hit full size steel at 500 yards but not constantly, I never figured out my holds. The second case is Barnel and the results have been about the same.

That’s the good the bad was that I was having a lot of trouble with extraction. I sent the upper back to PSA, they kept it for 7 months. They fired 10 rounds through it said that it worked fine and sent it back. I bought it early 2021 and sent it back late spring 2021. I hear that things have gotten better with PSA since then. The are not so backed up now?

My biggest complaint being the weight, about 12 pounds loaded. With an A1 stock, an Elcan and loaded 30 round mag the weight adds up fast.
    You are in the ballpark of a Galil or a PTR - seems excessively heavy. What model is this?

Feedback Score

PSA KS47 Gen 2

Quote Originally Posted by B Cart View Post
    I've had one of their PSAK47 complete rifles since late 2018. I'm not a big AK guy, so i don't shoot it very often, but i've put maybe 1,200 rounds through it. It's run perfect so far, but i can't say i've abused it like the ARs i own, so not sure if my example is very helpful.

I
    This is basically me except I bought mine in 2020 after a neighbor moved back to CA and gave me 4K rounds of 7.62*39 ammo he didn’t want to move. I didn’t have an AK so I looked for alternatives. KS47 was the best option and I have zero regrets. I have about 1K rounds through mine and zero problems.

Like him or not, this is a good review of the rifle and I agree with the results as mine shoots pretty darn good groups.

Range results are at 26 minutes if you want to see accuracy.

https://youtu.be/gcPz6X2__os?si=XHfy1n5TrYrssGOo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by BuzzinSATX; 03-30-24 at 07:15.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast