Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vibratory Tumbler Tip

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Vibratory Tumbler Tip

Not sure if this would be of any value to anyone, but it's a little mod that has made my Vibratory better.

If you have this type of tumber/lid, a 5/8" hole give a storage slot for the lid nut, and also allows you to feed additional pieces of brass without removing the lid.

Cap nut holder:

"What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Neat!

Does it let much dust escape while the machine is running?

Feedback Score
    Great idea right there! Thanks.

Feedback Score
    Something I do when I'm tumbling cases is add a dryer sheet. It collects all the dirt & grime that usually accumulates on the sides of the machine. Just replace when dirty. It keeps the machine & media much cleaner.

Feedback Score
    Darn good idea !!!!!

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Delta-3 View Post
    Something I do when I'm tumbling cases is add a dryer sheet. It collects all the dirt & grime that usually accumulates on the sides of the machine. Just replace it when dirty. It keeps the machine & media much cleaner.
    Quote Originally Posted by G woody View Post
    Darn good idea !!!!!
    Yea that is a good ideal, thanks markm. I know I have mentioned it before but if you run a vibratory tumbler I mix my media, I run 2/3 of the Lyman Green/treated corn cob & 1/3 of the red walnut. Lasts much longer and shines up way quicker, especially when it's new.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    No dust leaking. But my walnut is old. The normal spillage is still a mess going back and forth from the sifter/bucket.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Dryer sheets to clean, shot of finish 2001 to help polish, and the self draining unit is the best. The brass add hole will be on the list next time I break it out.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1_click_off View Post
    The brass add hole will be on the list next time I break it out.
    It helps if I'm in a hurry and start part of a load. I can feed the rest of it into the hole as I finish the brass up.

The big thing for my dumb ass it that I don't drop/lose the lid nut in the garage.
    Last edited by markm; 12-05-22 at 08:44.

Feedback Score
    I rarely use the lid anymore. I used to put tumbler outside and pull lid for last hour to free dust. Now I put tumbler outside and rarely use lid at all. I find this has significantly reduced residual dust on cases. If I'm worried about stuff getting in tumbler, I put an old plastic meter box over tumbler with the box overhanging edge of step so dust has an escape route. Dust does get all over outside of tumbler bowl, but that is what compressed air is for....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast