Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Just curious, does anyone still run a P60 wml? (6P, L2, G2..etc)

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Just curious, does anyone still run a P60 wml? (6P, L2, G2..etc)

A few months ago I revived 2 of my L2s, and I do have to say I’m very impressed. Vihn, at Sky Lumens does amazing work. I bought two fully potted 1100 lumen 72k candela p60vn modules. The beam profile seems to be similar to my plhv2, but it reaches at least as far out as my rein 1. It most definitely has more spill then my Malkoff df head, but not as much as the Rein 1.
    All for $110 to upgrade vs $4 to $500 for a new wml…it’s kind of a steal.
    If you’re interested, go to Sky Lumens, and in the search type in P60vn….I chose option #3….add to cart, then click on driver potting, add to cart.
    You can also add a spec sheet/birth certificate for an extra $10, warranty, etc.
    They have many different options, including option #2 which from the specs looks to be similar to OKW specs. (550 lumen and 80kcd)
    It’s most definitely a worthwhile upgrade, if you have the old light, although I wouldn’t run this in a G2, and a 6p would probably have to be bored, unless you can find 14650s that will discharge 10a.
    Last edited by camoman; 12-30-22 at 11:18.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by camoman View Post
    A few months ago I revived 2 of my L2s, and I do have to say I’m very impressed. Vihn, at Sky Lumens does amazing work. I bought two fully potted 1100 lumen 72k candela p60vn modules. The beam profile seems to be similar to my plhv2, but it reaches at least as far out as my rein 1. It most definitely has more spill then my Malkoff df head, but not as much as the Rein 1.
    If you’re interested, go to Sky Lumens, and in the search type in P60vn….I chose option #3….add to cart, then click on driver potting, add to cart.
    You can also add a spec sheet/birth certificate for an extra $10, warranty, etc.
    They have many different options, including option #2 which from the specs looks to be similar to OKW specs. (550 lumen and 80kcd)
    It’s most definitely a worthwhile upgrade, if you have the old light, although I wouldn’t run this in a G2, and a 6p would probably have to be bored, unless you can find 14650s that will discharge 10a.
    Vinh's work is awesome. I have bought a couple of his lights. They never fail to amaze.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    I’ve got a G2 on my Block II clone. It does the same thing its always done.
    RLTW

Former Action Guy
    Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    I’ve got a G2 on my Block II clone. It does the same thing its always done.
    I’ve had my L2s for a long time. Years ago I bought three 400lm single mode Thrunite modules, disassembled them, potted them with ArcticAlumina thermal epoxy. The modules all still work fine, but the difference between 400lm/15kcd vs 1100lm/72kcd is absolutely astonishing! Now these L2s preform as good, or slightly better then current premium offerings available.
    I know the P60 is an outdated platform, it’s just nice for there to still be an available upgrade path that matches performances, the P60 was never designed to achieve. One thing the P60 never did well is candela. Now it seems, that has changed.

Feedback Score
    I have a g2 nitrolon. Ran a new led bulb (malkov maybe?) For years and its been great.

I recently put an ir amazon bb in and a tube to limit spill makes it pretty efective for nv use.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    I have a g2 nitrolon. Ran a new led bulb (malkov maybe?) For years and its been great.

I recently put an ir amazon bb in and a tube to limit spill makes it pretty efective for nv use.
    Malkoff also makes good stuff, but none of their p60 upgrades come even close to these drop ins that I know of. I do have an Arisaka light with the Malkoff E2XTL head, and these modules out preform that in throw and spill. And I love my Arisaka. The only weapon light I own that these modules don’t out preform is my Rein….and I say that only due to the tint, and the amount of spill, the P60vn actually has more cd.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Malkoff also makes good stuff, but none of their p60 upgrades come even close to these drop ins that I know of. I do have an Arisaka light with the Malkoff E2XTL head, and these modules out preform that in throw and spill. And I love my Arisaka. The only weapon light I own that these modules don’t out preform is my Rein….and I say that only due to the tint, and the amount of spill, the P60vn actually has more cd.
    ..and that is probably due to the lens design itself which you're stuck with.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Still running Solarforce lights in GearSector mounts. Wish I could still get a few more of the Solarforce lights.

"What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Still running Solarforce lights in GearSector mounts. Wish I could still get a few more of the Solarforce lights.

What modules are you running?
    I have two L2Ps and one L2. Two are weapon mounted with the SkyLumens P60vn and one is currently an edc with a Nailbender 3 mode. My EDC L2p is about to be turned into anther wml, hence the reason for this post….as these modules match the performance of the current premium offerings. I just ordered an Oveready unified p60 host to replace my L2p today.
    Just last month I saw a grey L2P on eBay for over 1k! I had a damn grey L2p that I lost!
    If I only knew then, what I know now…

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Here’s some inside beam-shot comparisons…

As you can see the P60VNs beam profile is almost identical with the PLHV2, but it does have more throw.
    Last edited by camoman; 01-03-23 at 18:44.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast