Thread: US Army's new "terrain shaping" system

Feedback Score

US Army's new "terrain shaping" system

They need to send a few of these high-tech gadgets to Ukraine to see if they're all they're cracked up to be.

"The Army has awarded a $162 million contract to Textron Systems to develop the first increment of its close terrain shaping obstacle.

The company will, “design an advanced anti-vehicle, soldier-in-the-loop munition system.”

This is in part to both replace obsolete, treaty-restricted or banned devices and to increase terrain-shaping capabilities in the Army, according to a Textron Systems statement.

“This munition will increase tactical protection for our troops who are facing increasingly sophisticated enemies. For the adversaries and the types of conflicts we see emerging, this will represent a true next generation anti-vehicle weapon,” said Henry, Finneral, senior vice president of Textron’s weapon systems.

The munition will have stand-off and top attack capabilities, which aim to deny enemy armored vehicles freedom to maneuver.

“The system will be rapidly emplaced and highly portable and will be designed to be employed alone, in multiples or in tandem with other terrain shaping systems,” according to a Textron statement."

https://www.defensenews.com/news/you...haping-system/
    Last edited by Slater; 12-05-22 at 16:27.

Feedback Score
    ‘Terrain shaping’????

Body sculpting for Mother Earth?
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    ‘Terrain shaping’????

Body sculpting for Mother Earth?
    I had to read almost the entire article before I figured out it was some kind of advanced land mine type weapon. All the catchphrases and doublespeak kept throwing me off but maybe that was just to mask the fleecing of the taxpayers that usually ensues.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    Planting mines the old fashioned way is not the way to go any more. The UN highly disapproves. Unfortunately, our low-tech opponents will continue to use their low-tech mines.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by flenna View Post
    I had to read almost the entire article before I figured out it was some kind of advanced land mine type weapon. All the catchphrases and doublespeak kept throwing me off but maybe that was just to mask the fleecing of the taxpayers that usually ensues.
    Pretty standard Army buzzwords really. Munition should’ve been a dead giveaway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    The Air Force and the Navy have had “ terrain shaping" system since the 40’s!
    Religion is doing what you are told no matter what is right. Morality is doing what is right no matter what you are told...

Feedback Score
    Our opponents in the Vietnam War shaped the terrain by using all-natural ingredients - punji stakes and camoflaged pits.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    It's terrain shaping as in affecting enemy movement.

Obstacles like mine fields are used to channel enemy movement.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Terrain shaping like some Ghoulish Landscaper.
    Really Mrs. Warren, what this lawn needs is a massive amputation. Yes, a leg, perhaps some intestines over there by the Junipers. Set of testicals hanging from the Maple, yep, that ought to do it.
    Or Mrs Warren you can get a do it yourself kit and decorate your lawn with your neighbors missing limbs.