Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: BCM VS Colt BCG

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DG23 View Post
    If you actually knew half what you 'thought' you did you would know that those did not appear until the very end of that series and were rare as hens teeth.

Those were the exception and not the norm for that series and produced / cobbled together for a few months vs being produced for a few years.

That was what? 5 years ago? That’s not even relevant to the conversation.

You watched one blowhard idiot on YouTube and jumped on a bandwagon.

It’s endless and timeless. There were blowhards just. like. you. 20 years ago saying the. same. things. about ‘These new Colts’. The same ones you think are so much different than a Colt now.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    That's with a good bolt. I had a Rainier Arms bolt where the second lug said goodnight within a handful of rounds.
    The second lug probably started to crack at the same time as the first lug, so they would have let go around the same time.

Even with two lugs gone it would have gone a few hundred rounds before stretching the extension.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by lysander View Post
    The second lug probably started to crack at the same time as the first lug, so they would have let go around the same time.

Even with two lugs gone it would have gone a few hundred rounds before stretching the extension.
    This bolt was messed up with the NiB finish. Megademic, here, did a destructive analysis of the turd. It was garbage and failed way too early in its life.

After lug 2 failed, I quit for safety concerns. I had no reference for running that scenario as to how far it could be pushed.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    I'd keep the OEM parts in the Guns and scoop up the Microbest or AO precision BCGs for spares. They're both TDP/Mil Spec. I've been running the AO BCG in my SOCOM every week for the last 6 months or so, and it's a champ. Was $79 over the holiday sale.

My only NO GO is any non mil spec metals or finishes. (Nitride, NiB, etc)

That said, if you really want OEM, the BCM BCG QC process is pretty solid, and I'd just stop there. (I love my Colts, but not for $50 more)
    Where did you get the AO Precision or Microbest BCG? Last AO Precision I got at Right to Bear Arms for $99

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    I have a buddy who is a lead armorer for a 3 letter agency. They used to use colts until they got a shipment where the barrel nuts were hand-tight. After that conversation, I moved on. They made great stuff and their level of QC was unparalleled but they have had too many good runs that then turn bad. How do you know if you're in one or the other?

If I was building a gun from parts I would use Sionics, DD, or SOLGW BCGs. I used to be a big fan of BCM but having to send back two BCGs for issues ended it for me. They sent me new BCGs but it was pulling teeth to get them to do it. That and the gen 3 pmag bullshit killed it for me. There are other places that make great stuff to spend my money on.
    nawai

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by veeklog View Post
    Where did you get the AO Precision or Microbest BCG? Last AO Precision I got at Right to Bear Arms for $99
    AR15discounts.com Most holidays the AO goes on sale for $79. Some people here pissed their pants because the BCG didn't have MPI markings. But they sell enough other oddball stuff that it made no sense that the BCG was not AO and milspec. They have the Micro too I think.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by veeklog View Post
    Like mentioned they were down to $79 during the BF weekend. $89.95 is the normal price I believe.
    https://ar15discounts.com/products/m...-chrome-lined/
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ASH556 View Post
    I was in the "wherever possible use Colt" camp until I had a brand new Colt BCG show up out of spec from Brownells last year. Of course they took the return no issue, but still. The issue was in the cam pin slot. Couldn't get the cam pin out, the bolt wouldn't rotate far enough. The bad part is I didn't pull it apart before trying it. I assumed it was good to go being a new Colt BCG.
    Some of that new CZ / Colt crap! LOL!

First the triggers getting recalled and then... Not getting any money from me any time soon.

Feedback Score
    AR15discounts.com Most holidays the AO goes on sale for $79. Some people here pissed their pants because the BCG didn't have MPI markings. But they sell enough other oddball stuff that it made no sense that the BCG was not AO and milspec. They have the Micro too I think.

Mine were properly marked (bought this previous BF that we just had).

If not they would have been returned.

Feedback Score
    Is a $79 AO BCG as good as and the same as a BCM for $179? Whats the difference?

I have gauged several AO BCG's and they have all gauged out in the efficient range. Same for BCM.

They're both chrome lined 8620 carriers, carpenter 158 bolts, and have the same parkerized finish.
    You won't outvote the corruption.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast